Dumper centre pivot replacement

Furniss

Furniss

I have a 2002 3 ton Benford Dumper that is soon to be replaced as my main dumper ...but I am keeping it as a back up - it needs the centre pivot replacing as its getting a bit ferked,
question is ,are they a pillock to do ? are there any tricks/tips to the job ? and where should I go for the new pins/bushes ?

PS - what happened to dumper prices FFS :eek: 4500k bought a good dumper a few years back.

Cheers

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
dumper prices are still down if you look.

give Aaron at sleator plant a call if you want a good parts department, tell him i sent you : )

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I have a 2002 3 ton Benford Dumper that is soon to be replaced as my main dumper ...but I am keeping it as a back up - it needs the centre pivot replacing as its getting a bit ferked,
question is ,are they a pillock to do ? are there any tricks/tips to the job ? and where should I go for the new pins/bushes ?

PS - what happened to dumper prices FFS :eek: 4500k bought a good dumper a few years back.

Cheers

They are a twat to do and often need heat. We have had to burn out the center pivot on the Thwaites in order to get it out and the benford was bodged for similar reasons.

Benfords have from memory the pivot ball at the bottom and a toggle bar on top.... the back pin on the bush/bearing on the toggle bar is the worst bastard and may well require the liquidation treatment If you can avoid replacing the toggle bar then do as it's a big faf.

Furniss

Furniss

They are a twat to do and often need heat. We have had to burn out the center pivot on the Thwaites in order to get it out and the benford was bodged for similar reasons.

Benfords have from memory the pivot ball at the bottom and a toggle bar on top.... the back pin on the bush/bearing on the toggle bar is the worst bastard and may well require the liquidation treatment If you can avoid replacing the toggle bar then do as it's a big faf.

Feck.............. look forward to that job then ........ its on the rained off list.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
done a few, years ago ..... even with the full workshop facilities I used to have ..... they were a twat :mad:

FleetEng

FleetEng

I’ve done half a dozen. Most of the time you have to burn or lance the pins out as they seize in the bosses. If you’ve let it go too far the bearing bosses are often egged out. I cut them out,machine a new one and weld it back in.

80181163-848D-4E9D-AB8C-DF07B7328A7A.jpeg
80181163-848D-4E9D-AB8C-DF07B7328A7A.jpeg
55094122-C1D1-4177-B75E-57F611BA3FBA.jpeg
5CEA2FEE-1FCA-47C8-AABF-FA65CEBC0F28.jpeg
35882055-8D51-4119-9ACF-9291F4631C33.jpeg
A2D6D6E3-D352-41C1-9AF8-1C3F095D31E5.jpeg
E9666D84-0469-466E-87AD-9689F67489CC.jpeg

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
That last pic looks like a BOC mini graph but it's the wrong colour 😮 and also looks more modern too 👍

FleetEng

FleetEng

It is the same setup as a minigraph. The optical reader head will be exactly the same just badged up differently . I’d say that the one I have would be early 90’s

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Could do with someone like you round here - might just sell the bugger.
If it's just a backup and the pins/bearings aren't eating into the parent metal i'd keep it for the moment..... Annoying but will still work as a backup until your sure of the new one.

But long term, sell it and buy something else.

A

Atlas G

Cheers
Hello, I have a 2007 Thwaites 9-ton dumper located in my company Rwanda ( Afrika ) I need to repair the bottom center pin.
But sam body part is broken. Please advise when to fix this. I sending the attached picture. Thank you, Algis

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-15 at 04.02.10.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-15 at 04.02.10.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 104
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Yeah cut the lot out and start again, as long as the chassis parts aren’t worn you should be ok!