Construction equipment in films

Giles

Giles

Well-known member
Thinking about new bond got me thinking about the digger scene in the previous bond so In that spirit post a clip of your favourite digger in action etc in film or tv.

classic to start

 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
C9533E49-06A8-4B5D-8913-6B9D9EE1EAAA.jpeg


 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Surely the CAT/train fight out of Skyfall is up there 😎👌
 

Attachments

  • Skyfall4_620_111212.jpg
    Skyfall4_620_111212.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 186
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
Surely the CAT/train fight out of Skyfall is up there 😎👌
They built two specials for Skyfall, with the cab on the right. Apparently they were nearly half a million each. I couldn’t understand why they didn’t just drive the train the other way.
 
Last edited:
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
They built two specials for Skyfall, with the cab on the right. Apparently they ere nearly half a million each. I couldn’t understand why they didn’t just drive the train the other way.
Love to know how many folk noticed🤔🙂
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
They built two specials for Skyfall, with the cab on the right. Apparently they were nearly half a million each. I couldn’t understand why they didn’t just drive the train the other way.
I thought it was done that way so a proper operator drove it (out of shot, in the real cab) and James Bond appeared to drive it from the fake cab (that 99% of the world’s population wouldn’t realise was on the wrong side).
I’d have thought they would unbolt the fake stuff after filming and sell the machines on tbh.
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
No, the cab was moved over, plus all of the electrics, hydraulics etc. The cab must have been specially made as well. Pocket money to a film company. Who operated it I don’t know, except it wasn’t me. I know one guy who claims to have operated a skid steer in “The world is not enough“ but he’s full of Pooh about a lot of things so I take that one with a pinch of salt.
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
No, the cab was moved over, plus all of the electrics, hydraulics etc. The cab must have been specially made as well. Pocket money to a film company. Who operated it I don’t know, except it wasn’t me. I know one guy who claims to have operated a skid steer in “The world is not enough“ but he’s full of Pooh about a lot of things so I take that one with a pinch of salt.
Wowsers!!!
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
No, the cab was moved over, plus all of the electrics, hydraulics etc. The cab must have been specially made as well. Pocket money to a film company. Who operated it I don’t know, except it wasn’t me. I know one guy who claims to have operated a skid steer in “The world is not enough“ but he’s full of Pooh about a lot of things so I take that one with a pinch of salt.
Cool stuff...but like you say when you see that steam train ramp in the quarry for the new mission impossible this was cheap!🤣
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
the film industry is a massive multi million pound/dollar operation ........ with even more massive returns ...... some gamble though if it's your money on the line :oops:
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
My mates doing all the GROUNDWORKS at Eldon hill near Castelton Apple TV used it 3 times now for stuff, each time he has to put a road and car park in then take them out and cover with the soil and seed. Planning conditions and chats worth own it. They were filming new game of thrones prequel there few weeks ago. @pettsy which quarry was Star Wars at?

the mission impossible one isn’t far from here as well saw the train etc being ferried in on low loader
 
Top