Compaction wheel

F

fred

What’s the considered wisdom with these wheels, good or better than a wacker plate on a 3 tonner ?

thinking a fair bit of force can be pushed into it.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
What’s the considered wisdom with these wheels, good or better than a wacker plate on a 3 tonner ?

thinking a fair bit of force can be pushed into it.

Depends what your compacting.... Granular will compact better with vibration than Deadweight, Clays and soils will respond better to impact or deadweight.

This Video is a good explanation tool.

D

DaveDCB

Mine is great in semi dry clay and stone, pointless on sand or wet ground, we have both around here so comes in handy 50% of the time...

CPS

CPS

Got one in stock and ready to go if your interested? £850
20180814_115251.jpg

P

Pond digger

Mine is great in semi dry clay and stone, pointless on sand or wet ground, we have both around here so comes in handy 50% of the time...
Why “pointless in sand”? I’ve been wondering about one, but our soils are predominately sandy loam.

D

DaveDCB

Just pushes straight through it, they aren’t too bad if you go steady or if the sand is particularly coarse and gritty. But it’s as effective to just track it in if it’s soft sand.

doobin

doobin

Has anyone tried one for re-consilidating a chalk track once you've levelled the high points into the ruts on a dry day?