CASE 1188P Transmission overfilling with hydraulic oil

R

ROAMER

New member
Hi all,
My first post :)
I have a problem with wheeled Case 1188 P. Transmission was leaking oil (more pissing than leaking). And I went to check if there was any oil left in there, so I undo the level plug, and guess what....not only that it had double amount of oil in there, but it was also under slight pressure. My freshly washed overalls.......you can imagine the rest...... And to make matters worse, stupid me saw a moment ago that area around the breather was clean, meaning that oil washed that area as it was coming out. Breather is some sort of needle spring loaded, so it opens under some small pressure, but still keeps engough in there to splash oil all over your overalls.
Now did anyone experience this oil filling the gearbox before? this is my first.
Now my first taught it would be the the motor seals are gone and it is pumping hydraulic oil into transmission. But shouln't this oil drain back into tank circuit if motor is passing oil? I have also parking brake block and gear change block attached to the gearbox. Is it possible that one of these actuator seals are gone and oil is going into the gearbox?
what are your experiences?

Thanks!!!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
any pix? what make of transmission is it, fitted to that Case ...... see you've posed this same Q in HEF ... any luck there ?
 
Last edited:
R

ROAMER

New member
Hi, don't know what make of the gearbox is,couldn't find the plate. Case part number is A5538906. Motor is E4743754.
 
R

ROAMER

New member
Here is some pics as well. Didn't take any detailed ones. But can do if required. Plate is from the motor.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210118_152802.jpg
    IMG_20210118_152802.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20210128_114847.jpg
    IMG_20210128_114847.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20210128_114502_1.jpg
    IMG_20210128_114502_1.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20210128_120551.jpg
    IMG_20210128_120551.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20210128_114746.jpg
    IMG_20210128_114746.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 135
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I have a friend in Germany works in ZF's gearbox tech. design dept. which is why ask about the make and could've posed the question, if it were ZF. You never know :rolleyes: ..... my Hydrema's transmission is all ZF :giggle:;)
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Make sure the case drain on the motor is not blocked, but could be the hi low speed valve like you said 🤔
 
R

ROAMER

New member
Well that's the thing. I don't want to send motor for a rebuilt if it's not it. But good point on the case drain. I might put the hose in the bucket and see what happens. Don't know how to test other actuators for leaks tough.
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Check hydraulic oil level! I agree motor seals/ bearing u/s
 
Top