Brake master cylinder

P

Popeye

Afternoon all .. so I’ve ordered all the bits I need to stand me a good chance of getting these brakes working. New Master cylinder, bleed pressuring kit. There is a bleed nipple on the front axel of this dumper but I can’t seem to find one on the rear axel which sits directly under the engine. I’ve been under there with a light and can’t see or even feel one. The access is shocking. Should it have one ? If so how would you get to ? … it’s not even visible. Anyone any experience with this 👍👍👍👍

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
That's where I was heading when I asked if the level wasn't dropping.
If the peddle is going down repeatedly, but the level isn't dropping, the fluid must be returning the the reservoir.

If the level is dropping, but you can't find the leak, it'll be draining into the axle.

You're doing better than me - the unit I used had no accessories (none left anyway). What are they for?
I'd guess they are for sitting the reservoir bottle over the master res. to drip feed it with fluid from the top up bottle ... different sizes for different filler dia.s ? :unsure:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Afternoon all .. so I’ve ordered all the bits I need to stand me a good chance of getting these brakes working. New Master cylinder, bleed pressuring kit. There is a bleed nipple on the front axel of this dumper but I can’t seem to find one on the rear axel which sits directly under the engine. I’ve been under there with a light and can’t see or even feel one. The access is shocking. Should it have one ? If so how would you get to ? … it’s not even visible. Anyone any experience with this 👍👍👍👍
doesn't it have the same axle both ends????? .... 't is frame steer isn't it ? :unsure:

P

Popeye

doesn't it have the same axle both ends????? .... 't is frame steer isn't it ? :unsure:
Yeah it’s a frame steer and has similar if not the same axels each end. Its got to have a bleed point I suppose. I’ll delve deeper tomorrow. Thanks again for the help 👍👍👍👌

Gecko

Gecko

I'd guess they are for sitting the reservoir bottle over the master res. to drip feed it with fluid from the top up bottle ... different sizes for different filler dia.s ? :unsure:
yeah, that'd work. Sounds messy though.
@Popeye , is this the kit you ordered? Perhaps the instructions will provide some enlightenment.

Gecko

Gecko

Found it in one of the pics - you were quite right

1642914397566.png

P

Popeye

Ended up ordering this. Uses pressure from a car tyre to push fluid through. Loads of videos on YouTube 👍

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Marvellous really, you can hours to bleed the fluid through to the cylinder bleed screws, but if you leave the bleed screw loose accidentally over night when you come back in the morning the whole reservoir is on the floor!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

That’s a Halfords version of the Gunson Eazibleed I assume. And I’m sure you will get on fine with it.
I used one for years, but I have found using a vacuum to bleed brakes and pull the fluid out the bleed nipple to be a better idea overall.
issue with the vac bleeds is drawing air at the bleed through the threads ... bit of PTFE works wonders ;) just remember to take the PTFE out after :rolleyes:

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

issue with the vac bleeds is drawing air at the bleed through the threads ... bit of PTFE works wonders ;) just remember to take the PTFE out after :rolleyes:
It’s not an issue in my experience, a little air past the threads is no problem if you’ve enough vac on it. Better than the chance of introducing air at the other end of the system imo

GazCro

GazCro

Only thing I've found with easi bleeds is you can pull or push fluid through too fast leave pockets of air behind. They are good for flushing a system through or getting bulk out after working on brakes but nothing beats old fashioned two man one on the pedal. I did however a few year back buy this which is brill for bleeding or flushing fluid through by yourself and then final bleed with a helper and its cheap.
20191210_204112.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

Only thing I've found with easi bleeds is you can pull or push fluid through too fast leave pockets of air behind. They are good for flushing a system through or getting bulk out after working on brakes but nothing beats old fashioned two man one on the pedal. I did however a few year back buy this which is brill for bleeding or flushing fluid through by yourself and then final bleed with a helper and its cheap. View attachment 31576
pipe with a non return valve on it ..... got one .... but as said, can't beat another hoof on the pedal (y)

P

Popeye

Hi lads , any one know how to get this bleed nipple out. Total stuck on and corroded. I’d prefer to order the full part but know idea what it’s called. It also needs a new rubber seal. I’ve removed it from my rear axle of the dumper 👍👍

P

Popeye

Many thanks for your advice ! Ended up taking it to the mechanics and they split it for me 👍one job seems to lead to another. just want to let everyone know that I’ve managed to get the brakes working and it actually stops ! Really appreciate everyone’s comments and advice in this … cheers 🍻 🤩🤩