Bobcat e10 track motor oil

hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
Just a quick one, seen as the maintenance book covers everything but what i need......what oil is going in the track motors of a bobcat e10.

The jcb micro has sae 30 oil in, but dont want to put that in the e10 if its not right.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I've always used 80/90 in track motors. Unless I hear different here, that's what'll be going in mine.
would've thought that far more appropriate for a planetary drive, than SAE 30, as that is the application it's formulated for (y) .... close meshing, heavily loaded, gear trains :unsure:
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
I've always used 80/90 in track motors. Unless I hear different here, that's what'll be going in mine.
Thats what i was expecting it to be but the book didnt state which oil just the usual how to bit. 😀
Im taking the dx10 in to dealers tomorrow so ill ask and see what they say.

SAE 30 is what jcb book says and was told at dealer too so thats what it got, they couldnt argue if anything was to go wrong when it was still new. The jcb has done 2200hours and still tracks as good as day 1, and its done lots of tracking about i can tell you.😂
 
F

fred

Well-known member
from the kubota mini manual

1577884442953.png
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
How many E10/DX10 owners are there on here? Would it be worth putting all info on one post?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
How can oil smell so much. It really is the worst
you'd have a bit of an odour too, if you'd been subjected to what it goes through :LOL::ROFLMAO: .... I'd guess it's the sulphur content what does it :rolleyes::unsure:
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
How can oil smell so much. It really is the worst
Track motor oil is the worst smell especially if it's a bit old I was told it's from the sulphur in the organics that make it past the seals 🤮🤮
 
R

Russell

Well-known member
Is 80/90 the one to go for?
I'm fed up with TVE, the person that answers the phone doesn't know anything and It takes 3-4 attempts to get a call back or to place an order.
 
Last edited:
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
My supercharger failed once on one of my old cars, i was renting a room a the time so i took it back to my mums in bits while they were out and left it in the garage out the way. The garage was attached to the house and a through way to the utility room and garden. You opened the internal kitchen door to it

The next day I happened to speak with my mum and she said they had to sleep in the camper van as they have a gas leak and the gas board are on the way out to investigate...... it was hilarious. I told her to go to the garage and smell where the supercharger was ... The burned gear oil was the smell. They were advised not to go in until the gas board could attend etc .. and all along it was me
 
R

Russell

Well-known member
I had a horrible old MK3 diesel escort estate once and I carried a golf gearbox in the boot . I now know when carrying gearboxes you have to play close attention to what way round it goes and where the breather is.
It was even more horrible after that.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I had a horrible old MK3 diesel escort estate once and I carried a golf gearbox in the boot . I now know when carrying gearboxes you have to play close attention to what way round it goes and where the breather is.
It was even more horrible after that.
once bought a MkII escort van off the local fishmonger .... 4 air fresheners a month to keep it habitable :oops::cry: one in each corner ....... was a good van though :giggle:
 
Top