Bit of steel advice needed

Giles

Giles

Well-known member

Just arrived from r tech my cheapo £45 eBay one all stratched and most the time I’m guessing what I’m welding so this just be a big improvement and nice big field of view

Got to weld some 100x100x10 legs onto my bifold and pedestrian door steels to portalise them to keep regs happy
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3376.png
    IMG_3376.png
    328.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 23f189bb-08db-4a05-a7af-44e2bc8f2c78.jpeg
    23f189bb-08db-4a05-a7af-44e2bc8f2c78.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3006.jpeg
    IMG_3006.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3003.jpeg
    IMG_3003.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2991.jpeg
    IMG_2991.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 88
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
not only is it 4 roller all are driven, with shared tensioning -- gives a lovely smooth feed :giggle:
View attachment 72476 View attachment 72477
will drive a 5m torch no probs ...
and is on a nice sturdy, stable base trolley ... pulls about sweet ... I leave the gas bottle parked at the power socket and run a long gas line with the power lead - no point in dragging 70kgs of bottle about (which this isn't set up for anyway)
View attachment 72479 View attachment 72478
light enough to pick up and lift into a vehicle - with or without 15k,s of wire
I’ve got a warrior generator. I swear my rtech mig 250 runs better off it than it does on the mains! Had I not already purchased rtech for everything I’d have no qualms buying Warrior.

The four roller looks good- but with 1mm wire, I’ve never struggled with a two roller on my 250 even with a 5m torch.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I’ve got a warrior generator. I swear my rtech mig 250 runs better off it than it does on the mains! Had I not already purchased rtech for everything I’d have no qualms buying Warrior.

The four roller looks good- but with 1mm wire, I’ve never struggled with a two roller on my 250 even with a 5m torch.
no - 1mm pushes well . it's the 0.8 or 0.6 where the 4 roller performs better ... don't get deformation of the wire being gripped on the four surfaces, like you do with 2 rollers - less cobbles, where it exits the rollers, particularly as they're all driven.
keep the tip / liner clean & straight and it'll push just like heavier sizes
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
no - 1mm pushes well . it's the 0.8 or 0.6 where the 4 roller performs better ... don't get deformation of the wire being gripped on the four surfaces, like you do with 2 rollers - less cobbles, where it exits the rollers, particularly as they're all driven.
keep the tip / liner clean & straight and it'll push just like heavier sizes
That makes sense. I use .8 on the 181 machine, which has a 4m torch.
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
asked Phil Weekes about his 250,s and he said he's at building some this week and'll be on Fleabay next week at £975 + VAT
has to be said I love the 250 I've got and will be getting a 330 one day to run off my mosa
after owning a r tech plasma can't say I'll be buying much off them anytime soon 😬
 
Top