Big load..

D

DaveDCB

The transformers come past us quite often, I got properly caught up in the police road blocks last time, lazy buggers shut the road off but stayed sat in the car.. didn’t like me going past him 😂

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
V8Druid

V8Druid

CPS

CPS

they had to take it through Merthyr ... 'cos all the temporary bridges at Cefn, on the A465, where they're dualling it, weren't capable of taking the loading :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
there'd 've been a choice of two alternate hills to go down ... Dowlais Top or Hoover's slip and they'm both serious hills :oops:
It'll never get through merthyr.... they'll have the cooper out of ut for scrap 🤣

V8Druid

V8Druid

It'll never get through merthyr.... they'll have the cooper out of ut for scrap 🤣
that's a fact :oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ... will make the climb up to Baverstocks easier though ;):giggle:

R

Russell

I went to Didcot power station on a day trip from college many years ago. Was some impressive engineering in there. Alternator was something like 200 tons and spins at 3000 rpm. The coal grinders were like a giant ball race and the ball bearings were 700mm or more and the floor was shaking in that room