Abandoned plant & machinery

L

LKSF

Pennine Hillbilly
At about 1000ft up on the Pennine moors in a remote location I came across this. I'm presuming it went there to help build/re-build a house or extension and just got left. Bit of a shame, but what is it? Fair size skip on it.



20241125_153045.jpg
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
At about 1000ft up on the Pennine moors in a remote location I came across this. I'm presuming it went there to help build/re-build a house or extension and just got left. Bit of a shame, but what is it? Fair size skip on it.



View attachment 66855
when are you collecting it :giggle:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
and sadly usually get left/abandoned when summat terminal occurs :cry::cry:
 
L

LKSF

Pennine Hillbilly
when are you collecting it :giggle:

Don't think I haven't thought about it briefly :LOL: There is nothing but fields and Cloughs in between it and ours, but would have to see if it would run and then fit down some of the paths :unsure:
 
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
Usually a combination of low scrap price and maximum effort to weigh stuff in.

Once you get over 3 tons things get hard to cut up and/or shift.
I’ve been to your yard 🤣🤣

Also it’s probably due to folks thinking that they will get to sorting that drekkly. My landlord had 29 bits of heavy kit (Lorries/flt/360s) dying around the property last time I counted. Every single one means something and represents value to him in one way or another. 100s of places like that in Devon alone I imagine.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I’ve been to your yard 🤣🤣

Also it’s probably due to folks thinking that they will get to sorting that drekkly. My landlord had 29 bits of heavy kit (Lorries/flt/360s) dying around the property last time I counted. Every single one means something and represents value to him in one way or another. 100s of places like that in Devon alone I imagine.
guy I used to know - bit of a wheeler dealer (sort of) .. was at an auction with him one night when he paid way over the odds for a Daimler double six .. was nice but not that nice -- scroll forward several years and was at his place, he opened one of his sheds and there's the Daimler, rotting as we stood there ..... " Jeeezus mike, you still got THAT!? ... must've dropped a stack of wedge on that mate ?" " Nah, ain't lost a penny on it, 'least not until I sell it " :oops::oops: and that was his attitude to everything
his two brothers and his old man financed him -- to keep him out of the family transport biz :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
used to call him "Plus VAT" ..... no matter what deal you struck with him for notes, it was always -- Plus VAT !! ... was a likeable numpty :ROFLMAO:
 
Top