V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
interesting diff arrangement

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Same as a landy. Permanent 4x4 with center diff.

I'd love that. But the pain involved with a gearbox failure isn't worth the pain.

V8Druid

V8Druid

I'd love that. But the pain involved with a gearbox failure isn't worth the pain.
thought you might when I saw it .... shame about the current owners :rolleyes:

pettsy

pettsy

Went through euro auctions, cant find it on their site though.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
To be fair I don't think you'd have a issue if you entered with open eyes and the understanding that that should be a 15k truck.

But not for me.

V8Druid

V8Druid

To be fair I don't think you'd have a issue if you entered with open eyes and the understanding that that should be a 15k truck.

But not for me.
yes a lot of truck for the bucks .... and they're always pretty low with their resale prices .... stack it high , sell it low, turnover is king

T

topkit

If i am right on the company selling it they are also linked to another couple of companies in the same area, one of which is not allowed to sell to the public at the moment, Ther is a fair bit about them on the Farming Forum.

V8Druid

V8Druid

If i am right on the company selling it they are also linked to another couple of companies in the same area, one of which is not allowed to sell to the public at the moment, Ther is a fair bit about them on the Farming Forum.
you have them ;) .. although a few on here have had dealings and come away unscathed ... but with their purchase on the day

pettsy

pettsy

Quite Frankly, yes. Tractors 😉

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe

What’s wrong with their gearboxes?
Is it not a 8 speed with a gate between 4th and 5th🤔

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
What’s wrong with their gearboxes?
Is it not a 8 speed with a gate between 4th and 5th🤔
Mostly parts Mog. It's same era as my 1317 and Merc where giving me parts numbers for that lorry as they couldn't supply without significant lead times.

S

Smiffy

Mostly parts Mog. It's same era as my 1317 and Merc where giving me parts numbers for that lorry as they couldn't supply without significant lead times.

Is it not a mog box in which case Atkinson via should be able to supply everything if not just graft a mog box in
I seem to remember mercedes use standard bell housing patterns so should be easily done

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Is it not a mog box in which case Atkinson via should be able to supply everything if not just graft a mog box in
I seem to remember mercedes use standard bell housing patterns so should be easily done

I expect it's a Merc lorry box with a unimog transfer case on the back.

There's quite a few obsolete bits missing to note... Tacho alone would hurt the wallet