15mm lead to 25mm mdpe

Danny

Danny

Well-known member
The garden is terraced with x3 walls to get down to ground level and the client doesnt want to replace with new mdpe so thats out of the question.

Im installing a caravan base for him and was hoping it was going to be mdpe but it looks to me like 15mm lead.

Would the correct procedure be using something like this


15mm piece of copper on the T

Then 15mm copper back to 25mm mdpe


I cant seem to find anything online - 15mm to 15mm with a 25mm T ?


Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3660.JPG
    IMG_3660.JPG
    458.9 KB · Views: 206
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Surely at 15mm it will be copper not lead? You could use 15mm tee like you show and then adapt from 15mm to 25mm coming out the side or cut a decent length out and use 2 15x25 fittings and a 25mm tee in the middle. I personally favour plasson universal transition couplings myself and always have a stock of them in varying sizes. That's not to say other fittings aren't as good for the job but I've never had bother joining onto whatever old pipe it may be with them so don't see need to change.
 
Last edited:
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
That’s awfully small to be lead? Maybe it’s 1/2” soft copper?
For anything unusual I don’t think you can beat a Philmac Universal Transition Coupling.
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
Hard to tell from the picture, but personally never come across 15mm sized lead water pipe (the internal bore would be tiny!) If its copper I would solder a tee in rather than use compression underground, I’d then use a plasson push fit 15mm to 25mm mdpe transition coupling.

16160105-6FCC-4377-A86B-9FED6CEF5760.jpeg
 
Danny

Danny

Well-known member
I need to get in the trench tomororw with some sand paper and see if its lead or copper was only going by what one of my lads had said but all good answers so far (y)
 
Left hooker

Left hooker

Well-known member
These work to go on lead , copper , steel pipes or black alkothene

Screenshot_20210718-191303.png
 
Left hooker

Left hooker

Well-known member
Just thinking if it's copper you can get a 25mm t plasson fitting with a couple of these kits in it

Screenshot_20210718-192320.png
 
Left hooker

Left hooker

Well-known member
This is the lead imperial size equivalent adapter to go in a 25mm t
Screenshot_20210718-192550.png
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
The plasson universal couplers are great, we use them all the time 👍🏻
 

Attachments

  • 1AFB2F88-BC68-41A6-8F4C-DB8FD7879575.jpeg
    1AFB2F88-BC68-41A6-8F4C-DB8FD7879575.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 225
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
I used to use those copper adaption kits, but unless there’s no other option I avoid them now. Seen a few where they’ve worked their way off the copper over time. I got called out to one last week that had worn a hole in the copper tube where the teeth were!

Either use the push fit ones direct onto copper, or the utc fittings onto lead.

37643486-7B57-42B0-B113-65479333144B.jpeg
 
Danny

Danny

Well-known member
Problem with buying online is, i dont know what i need :ROFLMAO: ill try a proper plumbers merchant luckily ive got abit in the job so dont mind spending more for quality... ill see who sells philmac around plymouth
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Plasson for everything here, I try and keep all the random copper/lead/black pipe adaptors in stock , if not I just cut a piece off and take it with me to the local farm supplies, they have better stock than me!
 
Top