Workshop press

doobin

doobin

Need one for Ifor wheel bearings etc, that kind of thing. What do people use? Tonnage? Are cheaper ones with a bottle jack OK for occasional use or are the ones with a side pump and pressure gauge worth the extra?

diggerjones

diggerjones

20201121_111143.jpg

doobin

doobin

Have one bigger than that but it's no use as a press as the ram is too close to the support column. A splitter and a press are two very different things.

This looks handy too:

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Have one bigger than that but it's no use as a press as the ram is too close to the support column. A splitter and a press are two very different things.

This looks handy too:
that's just the vee block and blade Ruben ..... in bits :oops: ...... they are buildable, but take time to put together ... for the money the little 10/15t garage presses like I had off @Delbuoy is reasonably adequate for a lot
1611488755044.png

don't really need the clock TBH

doobin

doobin

that's just the vee block and blade Ruben ..... in bits :oops: ......

Ay, I know that, but look slike a useful addition to make a mini press brake.

This looks a good spec for the money:

Everyone says 20t is a minimum really so surprised you recommend a 10t? 20t are around £500 but it's a purchase for life so the oen above doesn't seem too bad value especialyl as you can offset the ram which I would have thought is a must have?

V8Druid

V8Druid

still looking for a couple of good pix of mine ... but can see 'em in the background here
DCP_3799.JPG
DCP_3804.JPG

I do have a couple of decent pix of 'em ...................... somewhere??

V8Druid

V8Druid

Ay, I know that, but look slike a useful addition to make a mini press brake.

This looks a good spec for the money:

Everyone says 20t is a minimum really so surprised you recommend a 10t? 20t are around £500 but it's a purchase for life so the oen above doesn't seem too bad value especialyl as you can offset the ram which I would have thought is a must have?
looks decent enough that

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Just got one of these and tbf it's ok for what we need. For that money you couldn't hardly make one.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
looks decent enough that
Yep looks good for the price. We have a 50T Churchill press with two speed hand pump, very handy. We also have a 150T frame press with big pump motor and lever operation, she's a bit tricky to control and hardly gets used. I'd go as far as say not been used in last 3years.

V8Druid

V8Druid

got it
Picture_0115.JPG

you can't see the power pack between them but a big pack .... trick to controlling 'em smoothly is a decent length to the levers ... too short and they're very hard to inch ... had my levers, which were 12" long, just above the knee so's you can rest yer hand on yer leg and inch 'em with a finger ... could get miniscule movement with them.

Last edited:
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
got it
View attachment 21288
you can't see the power pack between them but a big pack .... trick to controlling 'em smoothly is a decent length to the levers ... too short and they're very hard to inch ... had my levers, which were 12" long, just above the knee so's you can rest yer hand on yer leg and inch 'em with a finger ... could get miniscule movement with them.
Are they home made?
talking of press brakes got to fold some 252 mesh (40 sheets) so going to knock something up

Giles

Giles

Are they home made?
talking of press brakes got to fold some 252 mesh (40 sheets) so going to knock something up
interesting to see this just pricing one with a Z down turn rd the edge

V8Druid

V8Druid

interesting to see this just pricing one with a Z down turn rd the edge
how tight is the Zed @Giles ? ..
will depend on the vee block dimensions as to how tight you can get it .....
my main vee block was 4" square so a 2" return was as tight as i could get over 12' ....
smaller lengths had a tighter block and could do down to an inch over 8' in 3mm

GazCro

GazCro

Have you got a blade on your duck?....
Doddle with a machine with blade. Lay a beam as long as the mesh sheet down where you want it folded nip it down with blade and fold sheet up with ditching bucket. Works best with kingpost machine if you have no tilty as you can work along sheet as you do it. (Don't go for full 90 in one go).

V8Druid

V8Druid

Have you got a blade on your duck?....
trap it under the blade and a grader MB? ..... not very accurate though .....
Are they home made?
be cheaper and less hassle to have 'em bent Mog ... hour or so's work in a brake press ...

Giles

Giles

Doddle with a machine with blade. Lay a beam as long as the mesh sheet down where you want it folded nip it down with blade and fold sheet up with ditching bucket. Works best with kingpost machine if you have no tilty as you can work along sheet as you do it. (Don't go for full 90 in one go).
first bend is easy its the second one that's the tricky one

bend is 200mm down stand then 200mm projection

we'll just use h10 bent for us and with the max rebar guns it flies in

V8Druid

V8Druid

Are they home made?
yes Mog ...... used to make a a few too, for other people ... sold 'em to a local customer, who's a mate, so can always get at 'em :giggle: .... binned a couple of really nice power packs in my clear out ......... which as usual, have regretted since :(

GazCro

GazCro

first bend is easy its the second one that's the tricky one

bend is 200mm down stand then 200mm projection

we'll just use h10 bent for us and with the max rebar guns it flies in
Mog only said to bend though if its only one bend its ok. Unlucky for you with 2, mind I'd probably be able to think of a way.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Mog only said to bend though if its only one bend its ok. Unlucky for you with 2, mind I'd probably be able to think of a way.
a zed could be done the same way, at the dimensions Giles is talking about ...... just put the first bend down and pack it up under the blade then scaff board behind the first bend to lift on