What do you guys run?

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
I run a Ford F150 american pickup

She is a 3.5 twin turbo petrol, (ecoboost) has more toys than you need and drives 80% like a range rover. However its commercial so good tax savings and I had LPG fitted so fuel is pennys, (around 300 miles to £50 +VAT)

Its a bit different too.

I actually released i dont have a picture on here but it looks like this
IMG_6381.jpg

Big Jordy

Big Jordy

Hey all
I have 16 plate l200 on bf Goodrich all terrain tyres and rear air suspension. It's commercial too so tax ain't bad and it does bout 32-35 mpg

Jordan

Attachments

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Ford Ranger Wildtrack. So much better than my Defenders in every way apart from looks. I had a niggling bad back that I put down to work, but since I got the ranger and it's big comfy seats the back has cured itsself. Fuel savings have meant it has paid for its self which is nice.
Graham

Big Jordy

Big Jordy

Forgot to say tows well even loaded to capacity.. Will go most places and comfy to sail In all day everyday

Jordan

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

This is the current front line machine, amongst an few older 4x4s

Really like the NP300, I still like the old D40 that we still have, but the NO300 is an impressive step above the older models (y)
Just realised this is the only pic I’ve got, that day I collected it! :)
FBB11047-5CA7-487A-B4B6-5648C5028C4F.jpeg

Simon edwards

Simon edwards

Run a ranger wildtrak and iveco daily crew cab tipper ,ranger makes a great all rounder but for towing the old iveco (12 plate) takes some beating.

doobin

doobin

'57 plate Ranger doublecab chipped to around 180HP.
'09 Corsa 1.3CDTI van- 57MPG no matter how you drive it!
'03 LDV tipper with 28k on the clock. Steady, reliable and cheap.
2017-04-21 15.15.56.jpg

doobin

doobin

How do you find the LDV doobin is it transit powered
Powered is strong word. It's 75hp :oops: but so long as you're not trying to tow the digger up a hill it's fine. We use it locally, and it's quite happy through the back lanes. Cost me £2k with 23k miles on it, paid for itself the first year and flew through the MOT. Could fit a bigger turbo and intercooler to get 90hp but not worth the effort. For heavy towing the Ranger is great.

Before this one I ran a 130HP double cab LDV which was also pretty reliable. I would have got a total dog of a transit for £2k so LDV it was. I like them. I can afford brand new Makita and Stihl tools cause the trucks a bit naff.

Gunners

Gunners

Used to have a Navara but had to sell that to fund house deposit - oh the joys of growing up. So back to driving (and constantly repairing) my trusty 300tdi Defender.
Also have a LWB Ford Custom which I dont really like, I think Ford have gone backwards with vans.

Attachments

JD450A

JD450A

Rough as a Dog
We did have the Merc 1317 which is missed profusely for its reliability and simple no nonsense design. Had the gear on the back been bigger we would still have it. So basic and easy.

Now we have the FL6 220, Bit more power and 15t gross with a 8t Lift. She won't say no to anything but has far more electrics which is a major negative. Very rare not to have some form of niggle on the Data Display which 90% is down to worn or damp connectors.

Pickup wise, rangers. We have a 08 Transhit which is going next month. Fkn vans.

Attachments