Welland '19

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
so who's up for this year's extravaganza of steam and boy's toys then? .... and before you say it Rory :rolleyes: ... I know .... :ROFLMAO: ... I made you the bushes so's you can take it :giggle::giggle:

forecast looks great ......
keep saying it, but :rolleyes: ............... one year I am gonna do the whoooole weekend :) .... aaaaaaaand maybe even take the 'Drema up there too :giggle::giggle::giggle:

https://wellandsteamrally.com/

Last weekend of the month ... if you ain't been afore .... you'll have a great time

Mintsauce

Mintsauce

Are the exhibitors qualifying for free entry to the show ground these days or was that only in the good old days. The local show to us did away with that but I would think its probably a quick way to kill of an event?

V8Druid

V8Druid

Are the exhibitors qualifying for free entry to the show ground these days or was that only in the good old days. The local show to us did away with that but I would think its probably a quick way to kill of an event?
I don't honestly know Con ...... but as you say ..... sure way to kill a show for sure :rolleyes: .... Do you know Rory @JD450A ??? :unsure:

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
I don't honestly know Con ...... but as you say ..... sure way to kill a show for sure :rolleyes: .... Do you know Rory @JD450A ??? :unsure:
Exhibitors get a entry pass. I've got two as I want one incase Chris my elderly engineering Freind who's help and time has been invaluable the past couple years is well enough to tag along.

It's a good show. But the big issue for anyone exhibiting plant is the haulage costs. I alone will be around the £1000 mark and that's with me driving a lorry myself.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Exhibitors get a entry pass. I've got two as I want one incase Chris my elderly engineering Freind who's help and time has been invaluable the past couple years is well enough to tag along.

It's a good show. But the big issue for anyone exhibiting plant is the haulage costs. I alone will be around the £1000 mark and that's with me driving a lorry myself.
aye double trip, unless they'm stopping/exhibiting, like Dehane does :)...... you borrowing a low loader from somewhere are you ... or got a trailer for the skip truck and cramming it all on there ??? :LOL:

M

Monkeybusiness

I’m only yanking chains, I know you lorry boys sleep with your noses pressed against the ceilings as there’s so much cash stuffing your mattresses. You can’t spend it fast enough, rolling around in it like pigs in sh1t!!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

I’m only yanking chains, I know you lorry boys sleep with your noses pressed against the ceilings as there’s so much cash stuffing your mattresses. You can’t spend it fast enough, rolling around in it like pigs in sh1t!!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mintsauce

Mintsauce

Last time I wanted to hire a lowloader /beavertail on self drive the hire firms wanted 2 weeks hire minimum.:unsure:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Last time I wanted to hire a lowloader /beavertail on self drive the hire firms wanted 2 weeks hire minimum.:unsure:
spose it is a lorrabucks-worth to let out o' yer sight and open to a serious level of abuse :oops: .... especially if the hirer's name is Sanders :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
Wowsers, does the truck run on refined uranium?!
Weeks hire in effect, plus diesel and insurance. Won't be much under £1000. Probably slightly over.

To have the gear shifted up was/is £450 each way. BUT that means trusting someone else to cram it all on and then I still have to drive the pickup up at about £200 in fuel... so Not great, Not terrible.

Long term I want my own 6x2 or 8x4 plant wagon for shows... but thats a huge outlay on something only to be used a couple times a year.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Weeks hire in effect, plus diesel and insurance. Won't be much under £1000. Probably slightly over.

To have the gear shifted up was/is £450 each way. BUT that means trusting someone else to cram it all on and then I still have to drive the pickup up at about £200 in fuel... so Not great, Not terrible.

Long term I want my own 6x2 or 8x4 plant wagon for shows... but thats a huge outlay on something only to be used a couple times a year.
assume that's a rigid is it Rory ?

M

Monkeybusiness

Any work for any 8x4 hookloader in your neck of the woods, or does size kill it? Two birds one stone etc etc