Websites

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

Completely clueless about this kind of thing but how easy is it to make a website? Or maybe should’ve asked how expensive as I don’t think I’d be doing it myself. I’m not looking for anything fancy, more wanting it for the email, e.g. mail@something.co.uk rather than a generic gmail or iCloud account.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Completely clueless about this kind of thing but how easy is it to make a website? Or maybe should’ve asked how expensive as I don’t think I’d be doing it myself. I’m not looking for anything fancy, more wanting it for the email, e.g. mail@something.co.uk rather than a generic gmail or iCloud account.
think Alex @Cyberprog could be your man for info. on this sort of thing ..... he.s a tech man on 'puter stuff

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
The email side of things is a doddle. The rest depends on how much time you have and the like. You could have a site built for £700 I would say but it depends what you want it to do. Does it need google rank etc

Regards
Ross

R

Rob65

I’m with 123.Reg. It all seems to run like clockwork and as long as we remember to pay them we never hear a squeak out of them.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Yes a domain e-mail address can make you look more professional to some customers, but for Ultimate exposure get that van and plant sign written. It’s amazing how many people will spot you going about and get in touch.
Have you checked what might be available as an email?

Jim@yehawgroundworks.org
jc@showmethemoney.con :LOL:

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

The email side of things is a doddle. The rest depends on how much time you have and the like. You could have a site built for £700 I would say but it depends what you want it to do. Does it need google rank etc

Regards
Ross

Just really want it for the email just now and maybe a basic site showing what I do. I’ll have to look into it and see what’s what.

Yes a domain e-mail address can make you look more professional to some customers, but for Ultimate exposure get that van and plant sign written. It’s amazing how many people will spot you going about and get in touch.
Have you checked what might be available as an email?

Jim@yehawgroundworks.org
jc@showmethemoney.con:LOL:

Looking at getting everything sign written soon, got a new 3CX ordered so will get that done when it comes and get the vans done as well. See if I can get a deal for them all at once.

Yehawgroundworks sounds good, wish I’d thought of that :D

F

fred

the best email and calendaring by fay is office.com, seamless across all devices and a doddle to get working.

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

I'd reccomend looking at Office 365 - yes it's ongoing costs per month but it's manageable and you can adjust things as needed. The level of package you give people will vary but with most of the E1/E3 licenses you get things like Teams which is a social media style app but internal to your company. This integrates something called Shifts which is a work scheduling tool, dead handy if you have people working different hours etc.

Sharepoint is a great thing if you're doing lots of work in quoting and such as you can chuck all the docs there and your guys will have access out on site.

Website wise - get something simple but smart. Make sure it works on mobile and you can be contacted!

doobin

doobin

What’s office 365 got to do with a website??

f**k office anyway and deffo f**k a monthly subscription. Libre office is free and does everything I need.

I don’t mind paying for decent software, and have around £400 worth to do my own websites as and when I want, but office is bloated rubbish in my opinion.

For a calendar in the cloud you have tons of free options. I used Teamup.

Adam

Adam

We started a website / email with 1&1 18 months ago which was basic but worked, 2 months ago i took a company up on an offer on a new website and it was going to me the best thing since sliced bread, top of google but it was a cock up from day one,.

It was made live without my authorisation, loads of mistakes, a lot of legal information that's required was missing. Went from 1st or 2nd page on google to nowhere to be seen unless you searched for the site direct.

After complaining and threatening to pull the plug the website company came and visited me and assured me things would get resolved but would take 7-10 days for google to pick up new search terms ect. Which was understandable and i went with this..

Today we've had enquires for two different engine that we have in stock from multiple engine dealers. This tells me the end users are searching but not finding our site.

Following today i've just pulled the plug and took back my domain and turned on my (Very) old site whilst i quickly consider my next move.

If they don't work for you, websites can be very expensive and stressful.

Mark

Mark

Thanks, it’s all set up on Wordpress and any editing going forward I am able to do it. Very easy set up to use creating a new page is very similar to posting a topic on this forum.

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

What’s office 365 got to do with a website??

f**k office anyway and deffo f**k a monthly subscription. Libre office is free and does everything I need.

I don’t mind paying for decent software, and have around £400 worth to do my own websites as and when I want, but office is bloated rubbish in my opinion.

For a calendar in the cloud you have tons of free options. I used Teamup.

365 doesn't have to include office itself FYI.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Our insurance broker advised us to keep website content to a minimum as when insurance companies do due diligence they search the web and try and find out what you’ve been up to and try and get the premium up if they think hey can.

B

Brendan

Don't really get anything from my website and use Zoho for email