Warning

• Thread starter Beware purple bug!!!
  • Start date
B

Beware purple bug!!!

Thanks shovel 👍 here are a couple of photos, button present on RH joystick but LH one is missing. no lights illuminated at all. The other photo is a heater button he installed ! The machine itself is more than adequate for me and other than the faults discussed, for which I feel a lot happier about after reading everyone’s posts, will suit my needs nicely. It’s just a shame the guy who sold it wouldn’t give me the advice and help I needed.
FD69390B-C92E-42EF-B0B9-BD94EC5C2562.jpeg

FD69390B-C92E-42EF-B0B9-BD94EC5C2562.jpeg

Attachments

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
ok, the switch on the far right hand side is your offset and that will change from hammer pipework to offset on the footpedal.

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
I write that as a assumption. As its hard to see whats on top, the one in the middle is the fan. The black switch is glow

CPS

CPS

ok, the switch on the far right hand side is your offset and that will change from hammer pipework to offset on the footpedal.
Been A while since i have been in a Volvo, but from memory the EC25 had a button on the left hand joystick that diverted the slew to boom offset. since your missing the left hand button Id say this could be your problem. First thing to do is see if there is any wires in there and join them to see if it chances over.

As for your track, have a look around as it could be anything from a cleat lose or a colasped roller or lose sprocket. would give you an idea.

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
Been A while since i have been in a Volvo, but from memory the EC25 had a button on the left hand joystick that diverted the slew to boom offset. since your missing the left hand button Id say this could be your problem. First thing to do is see if there is any wires in there and join them to see if it chances over.

As for your track, have a look around as it could be anything from a cleat lose or a colasped roller or lose sprocket. would give you an idea.
Yes is is usually on joystick but there old single button sticks, no way was there a proportional control on that. foot pedal for sure.

CPS

CPS

Yes is is usually on joystick but there old single button sticks, no way was there a proportional control on that. foot pedal for sure.
yea but I think on the ec25 you held the button on the joystick, it then diverted the left joystick from slew to offset

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
on that old Ovlov I looked at down the road, a few months ago, (Peljob in disguise) ... the button on the left stick changed over from slew to offset control, by a 6 x 2 diverter valve, under the floor and changed the slew function from the left stick, to control the offset motion instead...so could well be ...
missing button,
faulty solenoid on the 6x 2 diverter valve,
or a fuse,
or even a wiring issue

trying a live feed direct to the valve's solenoid would confirm function of the valve and rule that 'end' out of the equation ... if the left stick operated the offset, rather than slew with the coil energised ;)

would guess the right stick button may well be a horn button :rolleyes::unsure:

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
As i say all i can say is on my EC28 or whatever it is year 2000 the switch on the far right (like this ) is offset. and then it goes to proportional on joystick which was hammer. There was no foot pedal.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
As i say all i can say is on my EC28 or whatever it is year 2000 the switch on the far right (like this ) is offset. and then it goes to proportional on joystick which was hammer. There was no foot pedal.
do you mean this one Ross ? :confused:
peljob jpeg.jpeg

B

Beware purple bug!!!

Right where do I start 🤯 yes that is tape over warning lights only oil and ignition come on and then off when started. There is a foot pedal but if you push it down the engine stalls and unless you bring it back to the right position the engine won’t start, a problem I can live with now I know about it. I assumed the pedal was for the breaker. Again thanks for your input👍 If anyone knows where I can get my hands on any sort of manual for this machine would be handy. I have a mate who should be able to help but he’s on holiday for a couple of weeks and I won’t be bothering him until he gets back.

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
Have you tried that switch,? your engine is stalling because its loading hydraulics with nowhere to go and obviously you have a sticky valve or genreally the imputs into the chest get clogged up, if you steam them off and add liberal amounts of lube while working the pedal they can get better

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

The foot pedal should return to center I’d guess. It’s most likely seized due to lack of use, no biggie really. A squirt of DuckOil or similar in the right spot will likely fix that. Understandable that it won’t start if that pedal in activated, there will be much load on hydraulic pump at that point. You are dead-ending the circuit basically, with no attachments plumbed up. I’d be surprised if it stalled from full revs though? Idle yes, but should utilise the releif valve when the engine is at full tilt.

As Aiden suggested, check for stray wiring on that left hand stick. The stick itself is almost apart, and the gaiter looks to be loose.....alarm bells are ringing there I think!