Vw Transporter T6 4 Motion van

Pedrod355

Pedrod355

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-VW-TRANSPORTER-T6-T32-LWB-140-PS-4-MOTION-PANEL-VAN-/323864176404

2016 VW TRANSPORTER T6 T32 TRENDLINE 140 PS TDI
4 MOTION
LWB
TAILGATE REAR DOOR
REAR PARKING SENSORS
REVERSING CAMERA
HEATED WINDSCREEN
LIGHT & VISION PACK
STARLIGHT BLUE
RUBBER LOAD REAR FLOOR COVERING
FULL VW SERVICE HISTORY
MOT MARCH 2020

IN GOOD CONDITION

£23,250 INC VAT

CB62C034-F9E4-4816-BA3D-9E9CC2616342.jpeg
DFF7E358-D864-4DA1-89F1-54A1FE9A1FAB.jpeg
F8BBDF2A-9770-45AD-A7BD-AAE5CBF9C3EB.jpeg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Cough !! :oops: .... how much are they new??? :oops::rolleyes::unsure:

M

Monkeybusiness

About £80000...

These transvestites make mega-money second hand, it’s bonkers but people go crazy for them! Nowhere near as nice to drive as a Transit but you apparently look more like a surfer than a gypo when in one...

B

Brendan

All vw have a premium price never understood why.
Transporters hold their money well due to people converting them to campers but still it's a vw thing as personally don't find them to be any better than a transit

V8Druid

V8Druid

About £80000...

These transvestites make mega-money second hand, it’s bonkers but people go crazy for them! Nowhere near as nice to drive as a Transit but you apparently look more like a surfer than a gypo when in one...
how much!! :oops::eek::eek::eek: for one of them, with the hand grenade engine :oops: you have got to be kidding me :unsure:o_O

M

Monkeybusiness

Just kidding with that figure - you won't be far off half that though.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Transporters hold their money well due to people converting them to campers but still it's a vw thing as personally don't find them to be any better than a transit

Josh has just bought a tranny for a conversion .... currently in France, after a hasty chuck together, for a couple of weeks blatting round sunny Francais ... not seen it in the metal, but the pix look good and it's a one private owner / user with less than IIRC 40k on the clock :giggle: ... sounds like he found a real steal :cool: ... he's lucky with vehicle hunting :rolleyes:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Just kidding with that figure - you won't be far off half that though.
still serious money for a box on wheels :rolleyes: with an iffy lump ... they ain't got the best of reputations for longevity :unsure::(

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

I’ve had a VW Crafter for about a year, it’s the worst vehicle I’ve ever owned. It’s only redeeming features are its size and usefulness, which I can find in other vans I’m sure! But the thing is utter shite, it’s the first and last VW I will ever have. Premium? I’ve also no idea why, crap....

pettsy

pettsy

I’ve had 100+ vw’s over the years, and generally can’t fault them. Yes you pay more than the equivalent ford/Renault/Citroen but atleast you’ve got something worth selling when you’re ready to move it on. I bought my previous caddy maxi at 4 years old and it had only lost £3500 when I sold it 4 years later.

V8Druid

V8Druid

I’ve had 100+ vw’s over the years, and generally can’t fault them. Yes you pay more than the equivalent ford/Renault/Citroen but atleast you’ve got something worth selling when you’re ready to move it on. I bought my previous caddy maxi at 4 years old and it had only lost £3500 when I sold it 4 years later.
yeh I know lots of folks who swear by them .... caddy pick ups were some of the best lil' pick ups ever (y) and their Golfs have to be one of the most popular hatches ever ..... ours is certainly a great lil' car :)

Pedrod355

Pedrod355

Had a transit lwb high top on rental for a wk, biggest pile of s**t ever! Rear wheel drive is just a joke unless you have pallet of blocks in back,Like going back in time, in my opinion you cant beat a transporter for comfort & reliability, had 3 now with no problems....

K

Komatsu

still serious money for a box on wheels :rolleyes: with an iffy lump ... they ain't got the best of reputations for longevity :unsure::(
Yeh agree with you there Gra, looked at a second hand one with only about 30/40k on the clock and it was £10k more than a brand new custom!! And it’s hard to call the custom a van when your in it, it’s more like a car and it’s not even a top of the range one either, the VW was just so spartan inside, really can’t see where the money is in them.

S

Smiffy

Yeh agree with you there Gra, looked at a second hand one with only about 30/40k on the clock and it was £10k more than a brand new custom!! And it’s hard to call the custom a van when your in it, it’s more like a car and it’s not even a top of the range one either, the VW was just so spartan inside, really can’t see where the money is in them.

Is the custom available with 4wd ??
The local ag dealer service vans are all 4wd lwb transporters and it's incredible where they will go Even with standard tyres fitted
many times I have waited in case they need a tow out a field but they just seem unstoppable on stuff any transit I have driven would not even look at
and I've seen them fitted with bfg a/t's
Obviously if the custom comes in 4wd this is irrelevant

V8Druid

V8Druid

have to agree with that ... they're a seriously comfy bus (y)

V8Druid

V8Druid

forgive my higgorance guys, but what's the difference between a tranny and a custom then?? :unsure:

S

Smiffy

forgive my higgorance guys, but what's the difference between a tranny and a custom then?? :unsure:

Custom is the direct competitor for the transporter
Standard transits are now only available as high top lwb or tipper

pettsy

pettsy

Not heard any particular issues with transporters :unsure: Wouldn’t swap my T5.1 for a transit, although I will say the drivers seat was more comfortable in a transit tipper I used a couple of years ago.

Powerfab

Powerfab

Mate bought a new transit about 4 yrs ago. Kept it for just over 2yrs.

No exaggeration, half of that time was in the dealers workshop. Simple but stupid faults at first. There was a design flaw with the doors, they would whip around and crush the front wing. He needed two front wings before Ford issued a recall and replaced the door hinge strap.

Engine management light was never off. Then it calved itself at less than 20k miles. New engine installed put down to faulty oil pump. He drove it out of the garage and 15 miles up the road oil light came on again. Dealer hadn't tightened the oil filter properly and it dumped the sump contents on the road. Engine partially seized, this a new lump with only 15 miles on the clock. Ford wouldn't honour the warranty on it and in fairness probably correctly laid blame at the dealers door. Dealer want't to have the engine rebuilt and rebored.

This was the last straw for him, via his solicitors intervention the dealer & Ford offered him a buy back at a price they eventually both found agreeable.
He went out and bought a Vauxhall Vivaro bi turbo. On paper engine was smaller displacement and lower towing capacity. In practice he says it runs rings around the tranny in every respect.

He's more than pleased with it, but is realistic that it will hold nowhere near the value of a transit or a VW come trade in time.