Trailer Winch

T whiting

T whiting

You can get all sorts on a tipper 😉

Screenshot_20211005-181025.png

The biggest problem on a ifor is finding something to attach it to the skin of the headboard isn't strong enough I have a scaffy pole across the bottom of the ladder rack to put a winch / bucket of the digger on

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
12 x 6. You can get small cars on (golf sized) no probs.
Ifor changed the design a few years ago and there are aspects of the new one which I don’t think are as good as the older version. You could take the old headboard off just by slackening two pinch-boots and lifting the whole thing out of a pair of sockets - as a total flat-bed you could then get a 110 Landy on the trailer.
Taking the new headboard off is a much bigger job (particularly with the optional winch fitted, which I probably wouldn’t bother with if ordering again). The headboard is the biggest restriction in size of car you can carry now.
This is a Mini Countryman (estate thing) that went straight on - not a great pic though unfortunately.
aye the lift out headboards gave so much more room for vehicle loading (y)

V8Druid

V8Druid

You can get all sorts on a tipper 😉

View attachment 28307

The biggest problem on a ifor is finding something to attach it to the skin of the headboard isn't strong enough I have a scaffy pole across the bottom of the ladder rack to put a winch / bucket of the digger on
wouldn't want to check the nose weight of that !! :oops:o_O ...... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

I got one of these.
No idea if it's any good as I've not done anything with it yet but it's fairly small.
This might do me . I’ve got a battery on my tipping trailer so I could wire it to that as well . Can you let me know how it performs once you’ve used it ?

T whiting

T whiting

Maybe a little nose heavy but it was a bit of a sail so I think it would've gone a bit light if it was much further back tbh the trailer isn't anywhere near as heavy as it looks I'd say about 1.5t

R

Russell

This might do me . I’ve got a battery on my tipping trailer so I could wire it to that as well . Can you let me know how it performs once you’ve used it ?
I doubt I will be using it for some time to be honest. I was going to make boot loading thing but have since decided it's easier to use the trailer and a sack truck.

V8Druid

V8Druid

@Monkeybusiness seems happy with his @Vinpetrol - comment on page 1
I think that’s what is fitted (from the factory) on my Ifor tipper. It’ll drag a car on no problem, and hasn’t struggled at all. Anything bigger would probably bend the trailer if what it was pulling got stuck tbh.

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

I doubt I will be using it for some time to be honest. I was going to make boot loading thing but have since decided it's easier to use the trailer and a sack truck.
I think that’s what is fitted (from the factory) on my Ifor tipper. It’ll drag a car on no problem, and hasn’t struggled at all. Anything bigger would probably bend the trailer if what it was pulling got stuck tbh.
Can you send a pic to show where it’s fitted on your trailer ?

S

Smiffy

would've thought the alloy'd damage the rope ... lot harder than nylon

In applications where there is likely to be grit involved it's better for the item you want to wear to be harder than the item you don't
The softer item in this case the rope will get imbedded with grit that's abrasive causing the fairlead to wear.
Same idea as bushings in a digger being slightly softer than the pins to make the pins wear first.
As to why roller fairleads damage nylon rope I don't know the exact reason but I have seen that they destroy it surprisingly quickly.

M

Monkeybusiness

Can you send a pic to show where it’s fitted on your trailer ?
My mistake, it’s apparently 4500lbs.
Don’t forget if mounting on a tipper you’ll either need to run the power cables down and back up the chassis or go for some sort of jump-lead Anderson connector setup.

Attachments

• 7F77E63C-4A16-4A31-A5CC-AC6A3C44A78F.jpeg
    7F77E63C-4A16-4A31-A5CC-AC6A3C44A78F.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 97
  • AA6D1C2A-19F9-464E-8079-1053DFE53E34.jpeg
    AA6D1C2A-19F9-464E-8079-1053DFE53E34.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 100
V8Druid

V8Druid

In applications where there is likely to be grit involved it's better for the item you want to wear to be harder than the item you don't
The softer item in this case the rope will get imbedded with grit that's abrasive causing the fairlead to wear.
Same idea as bushings in a digger being slightly softer than the pins to make the pins wear first.
As to why roller fairleads damage nylon rope I don't know the exact reason but I have seen that they destroy it surprisingly quickly.
my guess is it deforms the line as it passes over the rollers ... the grit logic doesn't stand up if the line is kept clean though (which is unrealistic in general use)

S

Smiffy

my guess is it deforms the line as it passes over the rollers ... the grit logic doesn't stand up if the line is kept clean though (which is unrealistic in general use)

Yes obviously in sterile environments that principal wouldn't apply. It's only for grubby things that you have to reverse the components.
I know grit doesn't do those ropes any good and the Landy boys pressure wash them after use in mud but I doubt you will ever get it that clean

Giles

Giles

My mistake, it’s apparently 4500lbs.
Don’t forget if mounting on a tipper you’ll either need to run the power cables down and back up the chassis or go for some sort of jump-lead Anderson connector setup.
Is that factory winch option, can you buy the mounting bracket?

Bri963

Bri963

We had a winch on our 3 tonner, mounted on the drawbar with a hole through the headboard. Ended up getting knocked off by the three point linkage when someone used it behind a tractor