Tesla Truck

R

Rob65

Am I right in thinking that a hydrogen flame is completely clear so is not visible to humans eye?

love to see the risk assessment that says it’s ok to use to fuel a gas cooker with naked flames on the hob.

Also I think hydrogen molecules are very small so preventing leaks in the installation would be challenging.

Rob

pettsy

pettsy

Am I right in thinking that a hydrogen flame is completely clear so is not visible to humans eye?

love to see the risk assessment that says it’s ok to use to fuel a gas cooker with naked flames on the hob.

Also I think hydrogen molecules are very small so preventing leaks in the installation would be challenging.

Rob

Yes, but according to WB it can be detected via UV so I’d say there will be a different flame detection method used to what’s currently used with natural gas. Modern gas hobs will shut off the gas if the flame isn’t detected. When you consider how large the gas network is it’s rare to get large scale incidents.

Giles

Giles

How I thought we’d do it like dewalt tools lol swap the battery out and charge at home lol

Attachments

• 9B8A1960-C926-419A-AA43-008EDDF9A327.png
    9B8A1960-C926-419A-AA43-008EDDF9A327.png
    856.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 3DCEE1A6-B1FC-405C-B7BD-00C97746EE75.png
    3DCEE1A6-B1FC-405C-B7BD-00C97746EE75.png
    649 KB · Views: 57
  • 80F38B19-5241-4351-AA19-492484218E14.png
    80F38B19-5241-4351-AA19-492484218E14.png
    668.2 KB · Views: 62
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Yes, but according to WB it can be detected via UV so I’d say there will be a different flame detection method used to what’s currently used with natural gas. Modern gas hobs will shut off the gas if the flame isn’t detected. When you consider how large the gas network is it’s rare to get large scale incidents.
Like Propane, it will also need a stenching agent .... no natural smell to either :rolleyes:

see in another post on the budget, that they're trying to 'do away' with gas heating ... need to make some proper decisions first BTLs

hiluxman

hiluxman

Like Propane, it will also need a stenching agent .... no natural smell to either :rolleyes:

see in another post on the budget, that they're trying to 'do away' with gas heating ... need to make some proper decisions first BTLs
I've just been reading a gov article and apparently we have guaranteed to be 100% free of green house gasses by 2050....we are the first major economy to promise such a thing.

The UK has gone totally nuts.

Left hooker

Left hooker

Love when greens say leave it in the ground about fossil fuels
Most likely end up coming out as emissions from the world's largest exhausts eventually anyway 😂

J

Jimoz

Our housing stock is in such poor condition I can't see how we can get away from gas heating and maintain comfort. I've got 6" cav full fill, 8" below the deck and shed loads in the loft and that's still considered poor in the new/green/passiv game

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Our housing stock is in such poor condition I can't see how we can get away from gas heating and maintain comfort. I've got 6" cav full fill, 8" below the deck and shed loads in the loft and that's still considered poor in the new/green/passiv game
The people pushing the green agenda hardest don't actually seem to care about other people, it is all about smashing capitalism and starting a new world order and we all know how well that sort of thing turns out - Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

F

fred

It will be cheaper in the long run to just knock down and rebuild a lot of housing, especially pre-50's. How they hell that can be worked out with peoples homes suddenly becoming worthless though is another thing...

Can see those rechargeable battery packs coming sooner rather than later, they need to provide 8 hours of max flow and be able to be charged overnight. Tesla car can do it. I guess the question will be availability of supply in remote places, exception rather than the rule.

J

Jimoz

Too right @fred I've been saying for years down here there's whole areas of terraced housing in the old hosiery district the govt need to compolsury purchase, bulldoze the lot then start again.

doobin

doobin

What's weird is that I got none of that, just 250 year old stone walls, but it's still warm with the log burner on!

J

Jimoz

What's weird is that I got none of that, just 250 year old stone walls, but it's still warm with the log burner on!
Log burners kick out a daft amount of heat though. My place wouldn't need heating if I had a burner in

S

Smiffy

It will be cheaper in the long run to just knock down and rebuild a lot of housing, especially pre-50's. How they hell that can be worked out with peoples homes suddenly becoming worthless though is another thing...

Can see those rechargeable battery packs coming sooner rather than later, they need to provide 8 hours of max flow and be able to be charged overnight. Tesla car can do it. I guess the question will be availability of supply in remote places, exception rather than the rule.

Houses won't become worthless
No one pays for the house it's the land it's sat on that is worth the money
If you where buying the house there wouldn't be the regional price variation

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
One thing with the "cleaner burn engines" is the older vehicles/machines you could see the pollutants so your nose would filter it out better now everything is second staged burnt and recirculating the gases so it comes out finer and more easier to breathe in to your lungs
Yea if a machine is chuffing out black smoke you avoid it now you can’t see what your breathing 🤔

B

Brendan

To be fair the outlander phev is pointless, 15 miles is the range of battery power then it's petrol.

That 10t machine is also another white elephant will be massive cost then a few k for a second battery which needs a second machine to carry out the operation then either a massive diesel generator to charge it or a 3 phase supply.
Changeable batteries are a better option than having to buy two machines to replace one diesel one, but why have none of these "clever" designers not realised that if they built in an extender with a drop and collect system by use of a patch cable for the power that the machine would be self sufficient to do its own battery changes. Although I suppose you'd still need to get said battery to the stupid charger, unless it's a yard machine instead of a site machine

T whiting

T whiting

Yes that's how the lecy forklift we had in the yard was supposed to work 2 sets of batterys set up in a frame and some leads so you can drop a set off then maneuver yourself under the second set.

With a bit of thought it could be made with 2 packs but it'll run on one so you can swap out one pack at a time and still have power and you can swap the first one at teabreak once you've flattened the first pack