Terex 3 ton swivel hydrostatic electric gear issues

Giles

Giles

Got a problem with dumper

was sticking in forward backward then having to switch off to reset it

now it’s blowing the main fuse when shuttling gears..

auto electrian coming to have a look

any idea to point him at?

Attachments

• 83F6DB21-3802-40CF-A237-A5F7E17006D5.jpeg
    83F6DB21-3802-40CF-A237-A5F7E17006D5.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 91
D

DaveDCB

Might be a buggered relay?? Or it’s the directional switch it’s self.. or anything in between 🧐

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
switch has probably got ice across the contacts, looking at that pic ...... hair drier/heat gun played over it for a while might cure the issue ... easy with the heat gun tiger ... don't want to cook/melt the switch .... warm enough to dry it out ...... the weather we've had lately is enough to drown most things :mad:

Giles

Giles

switch has probably got ice across the contacts, looking at that pic ...... hair drier/heat gun played over it for a while might cure the issue ... easy with the heat gun tiger ... don't want to cook/melt the switch .... warm enough to dry it out ...... the weather we've had lately is enough to drown most things :mad:
Wasn’t just this freezing morning been doing it when it was milder, was just on my mind this morning

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Wasn’t just this freezing morning been doing it when it was milder, was just on my mind this morning
can't be anything drastic ..... sod all to make it so ... pretty simple circuits .. switch, relay or a short ... think I'd bet on the switch TBH

Giles

Giles

Its f***ed, but the good news is il take it of your hands😆

I'd be looking at the switch or the wiring for trapped wires etc.
Have you got workshop manual for it with all your stash of manuals?