Submersible pump for site de-watering?

Mintsauce

Mintsauce

Any recommendations for a 110v submersible for general site dirty water. I'm looking for reasonable foreign object capacity, sensible cost of course, portability etc.

Not a lover of the float valves which you often find on the cheaper pumps from screwfix etc. Having said this i ziptied the float valve on my most recent pump into the permanently on position and it has survived very well despite getting blocked up alot.

Ponstar seems to be a good make so I thought this might be a start? Anything else worth a look?

Mintsauce

Mintsauce

Ponstar-Pump-without-Float.jpg

Ponstar looks much the same as the cheaper pumps. I think this one retails at around £300 ish.

F

fred

what is it only me that bails out the trenches using the digger!

Always remember watching a paddy road crew cutting in a trench for sewer into a main road for a large wimpys site. It had a slight slope on the road and he was bailing the trench and dumping it uphill so its was all finding its way back to the trench. He was there a good 2 hours sat in the cab bailing and bailing making virtually no progress before we heard some shouting by the foreman who finally came to see what was up then he dumped it behind him.

Gunners

Gunners

Tsurumi pumps have never let me down. I've got the LB 480. Great pump and doesn't care if you leave it running dry, still seems to work the next day. Its what all the hire companies get so must stand the abuse!

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I have a hydraulic drive one had it given to me a few years back:) 3” outlet submersible, now that can shift water:eek: just plug into digger or dumper or well anything I have, as if it’s got hydraulic oil in it it’ll have a set of fittings to power other stuff(y)