Slow roast beef

diggerjones

diggerjones

As some of you know i built a wood fired oven some time ago. My daughter decided to get christend so sunday is the day. Bought a load of beef. Going to slow roast it over night. So I'm looking at marinades and glazes at the moment.
Any suggestions feel free not done beef before only pigs

diggerjones

diggerjones

20170604_145540.jpg

diggerjones

diggerjones

The plan is marinate this one in a red wine concoction and have different glazes on the other 2. Going to sear then on the Barbie before they go in oven

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

I used to quite like a slow cooked brisket, with salt and a Jamaican Jerk seasoning rubbed into it, then a big dollop of honey. Bloody delicious.
I still slow cook briskets, but don’t use the honey anymore, as I don’t eat sugar anymore if I can help it, I do miss the honey on them, as it definitely used to bring something to the party 👍

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I am lucky that we are able to rear our own cattle for beef....as my as I like Brisket....our home reared brisket is something special

diggerjones

diggerjones

I am quite into my cooking but am yet to try somthing like this have done pulled pork in the slow cooker a good few times
I've cooked a few pigs in the oven. Never cooked beef so I'm a bit apprehensive.
Fire's lit!
20180908_143649.jpg
20180908_143641.jpg

diggerjones

diggerjones

When the bricks go white/yellow. Clean.
It's ready for cooking pizza. There black up to this point. Its a good rule of thumb

diggerjones

diggerjones

This morning. I seem to have got away with it. Amazing how much liquid comes out.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I non digger day for me as had arranged to collect what we call fresh meat in this house!
20180910_165955.jpg

Attachments

• 20180910_165845.jpg
    20180910_165845.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 190