Slipping tracks.

R

Russell

The tracks are slipping on my little dumper. They have plenty of tred left so I was thinking about how to bodge it. They have a spring tensioner so I thought about adding some preload. Worth a try or waste of time?
New tracks and sprockets would be a bit spendy for me at the moment.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The tracks are slipping on my little dumper. They have plenty of tred left so I was thinking about how to bodge it. They have a spring tensioner so I thought about adding some preload. Worth a try or waste of time?
New tracks and sprockets would be a bit spendy for me at the moment.
surely they are sprocket driven ? sprockets worn out are they ??

R

Russell

I think they have more of an angle on the teeth than the digger sprockets. I will take a photo later on. Can you put new sprockets on old tracks or do you change both at the same time?

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Does it slip in both directions? You could put the sprockets on the other way around

R

Russell

Bizarrely it slips more in reverse, that's what makes me think it's a tension issue.
IMG-20191106-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20191106-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:
T whiting

T whiting

Looks like they want tightening they'll be a tensioner on the other end that you either pump grease into or adjust a couple of big nuts

R

Russell

Its a tcp ht500, no idea if they are correct tracks but it's done 800 hours. I think the tracks are tensioned by springs. In the manual it says to wind bolts in to compress the spring so you can remove the track. I haven't pulled it apart yet but hopefully will get a chance next week.

B

Brendan

Its a tcp ht500, no idea if they are correct tracks but it's done 800 hours. I think the tracks are tensioned by springs. In the manual it says to wind bolts in to compress the spring so you can remove the track. I haven't pulled it apart yet but hopefully will get a chance next week.
Sounds like you should be able to adjust the bolts/nuts to add tension to the spring

R

Russell

It's looking a bit tired. Think I'll have a go at welding a bit of 10mm bar for the slider and a brace to stop it bending again.

IMG-20191110-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20191110-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20191110-WA0000.jpg

R

Russell

I know what your saying but how to cut out the rectangular hole? A disc would cut too much length one side without getting through the plate. Has anyone tried a jigsaw on thick steel? I don't have plasma or gas.