Site cabin

diggerjones

diggerjones

We are going to be starting a project soon. Farm, barn conversion 9no.
We will be needing a site cabin. Thinking 20' container type. What would you say is needed. From your experience, does and don't. And if anyone has owt local to me. Thanks

S

Smiffy

We are going to be starting a project soon. Farm, barn conversion 9no.
We will be needing a site cabin. Thinking 20' container type. What would you say is needed. From your experience, does and don't. And if anyone has owt local to me. Thanks

Legally a means to boil water a means to heat food a means to wash hands and a toilet. A drying room with one of those Chinese diesel heaters is pucka. A George foreman grill is good. And one thing I really like is a covered area outside the main canteen with some seating. Saves taking all your waterproof gear off for a quick cuppa or somewhere to leave muddy boots without dragging mud into the canteen. It's such a simple thing but keeps the welfare so much cleaner. Best setup I have used was one of those containers with the off ice one end, canteen and drying room in the middle and toilet at the end. With a home made canopy around so you could sit outside or just move between the sections without having to put waterproofs on.

diggerjones

diggerjones

The outside area is a good call. The toilet is a bit more complicated as not sure where sewer is, or going

craig

craig

We sometimes deliver welfare cabins like @Smiffy describes, they have a chemical portaloo built in, the hire co comes around once a week to service them.
They also have solar on the roof to keep batteries topped up for the lights and heater (a diesel heater like a truck night heater) and a inverter, and a 10kva genny for kettle, microwave and to top the batteries if needed, also has external sockets to power other cabins or tools.

6feetdown

On the subject of heaters I'm thinking of putting 1 in back of van to dry clothes as we don't always have the means, obviously need ventilation but any recommendations on a heater? And are they easy to fit?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Josh (stepson) fitted a Ying Tong one in his camper a while back ... said it was a great little thing and an easy fit ... never gave a moments trouble

V8Druid

V8Druid

this 👆👆 has just given me an idea ... be an easy heat source for keeping boxes dry/warm for the colder, condensatey nights ... fit a frost-stat or keep it ticking over around 6-ish deg.s C :) anyone know what the fuel consumption is like on 'em ?:unsure:

hiluxman

hiluxman

this 👆👆 has just given me an idea ... be an easy heat source for keeping boxes dry/warm for the colder, condensatey nights ... fit a frost-stat or keep it ticking over around 6-ish deg.s C :) anyone know what the fuel consumption is like on 'em ?:unsure:
I've no idea on consumption but I'd say you'd be able to run then on any old mixture if it helps rid some old oil ect.

craig

craig

I`ve got a manual for a truck night heater some where, but cant find it atm, but seem to recall about .25 litre an hour flat out.

V8Druid

V8Druid

I've no idea on consumption but I'd say you'd be able to run then on any old mixture if it helps rid some old oil ect.
that's reserved for obstinate burning bin sessions ... when the b'stard won't have it :rolleyes:

kabin man

kabin man

We sometimes deliver welfare cabins like @Smiffy describes, they have a chemical portaloo built in, the hire co comes around once a week to service them.
They also have solar on the roof to keep batteries topped up for the lights and heater (a diesel heater like a truck night heater) and a inverter, and a 10kva genny for kettle, microwave and to top the batteries if needed, also has external sockets to power other cabins or tool
Had a good look around the welfare units at plantworx earlier this year.
must say was impressed with this lots offers. Cant imagine they r at cheap end of scale tho..

https://ecohireltd.co.uk/ranges/product/eco-16/

V8Druid

V8Druid

must say was impressed with this lots offers. Cant imagine they r at cheap end of scale tho..

like the gap between the narrower tables ... saves everyone getting up to let the bloke in the middle out for a waz :giggle:
1699738023058.png

S

Smiffy

Two toilets !! So two labourers can hide at once.

Tbh I prefer having a drying room and if necessary a second independent portaloo. No way does a second toilet beat a drying room.