Seals

diggerjones

diggerjones

Need a seal for my little tractor. Its weeping oil down the inside of front wheel. No drama but needed doing. Had a price of malpas tractors £50.
Surely there not that dear.?
20200523_183114.jpg

D

DaveDCB

Can’t see the numbers very clearly, but hang them all into to google and see what comes up.. malpas quoted me £900 for a seal kit which I got for £65 from somewhere else... just to give you an example of how over priced they are!!

C

craig

I would ring a decent local bearing place, with those numbers, and sizes, or if their counter is open pop the seal out and call there with it.

diggerjones

diggerjones

I would ring a decent local bearing place, with those numbers, and sizes, or if their counter is open pop the seal out and call there with it.
I popped the seal out, bit mashed up now😁 do they glue them in?

M

Monkeybusiness

Have you ever used Cheshire Bearings in Sandbach Dylan? They’ll sort you out, great place!

diggerjones

diggerjones

The quick search i did. I found 35mmx55mmx7mm. What about 2 of these. Would it make much difference. No doubt i will find the correct one's. Thing with the Japanese build, it seams quite normal sizes

jd6820

jd6820

I'm prepared to hold my hands up if i'm incorrect but I reckon those seals won't quite do the job if the seal pictured is a hub seal? Usually they are of a different construction and can include a wear sleeve that is fitted at the same time. I agree the price seems high but they aren't usually just a single lip or double lip seal, else I too would be shopping elsewhere at that money.

diggerjones

diggerjones

I'm prepared to hold my hands up if i'm incorrect but I reckon those seals won't quite do the job if the seal pictured is a hub seal? Usually they are of a different construction and can include a wear sleeve that is fitted at the same time. I agree the price seems high but they aren't usually just a single lip or double lip seal, else I too would be shopping elsewhere at that money.
Think your probably right. Its not a big job to do so will put these in and see how long they last.
Thanks