Rubber Tracks for Neuson 1503RD

Routy56

Routy56

Another maintenance posting in one day 😅
Yesterday gave the undercarriage a good old wash after a few week on muddy site 😳
Found out what the occasional clunking was...
48C624CB-3B18-4897-83CF-6773F336DD8C.jpeg

Look carefully at the link below the sprocket - it’s actally fractured 🙄
314F309D-67CA-4AF4-9D88-18FE6FE772DD.jpeg

Looking elsewhere I realised that actually these tracks are well perished and need to be replace. Original tracks fitted in 2004.
Any recommendations for suppliers?
They are 230x96x33
As usual any best practice tips for replacing 😎

Mark

Mark

MST & Astrak would most likely be the cheapest and of decent quality. Got a set of astrak a while back for our bobcat e80.

M

Mintsauce

Can't recommend any non original equipment makes. I have recently had lots of trouble with this which made me wish the dealer hadn't talked me into buying them. Got Bridgestone again now.

Routy56

Routy56

MST & Astrak would most likely be the cheapest and of decent quality. Got a set of astrak a while back for our bobcat e80.
Thanks I’ll have a browse on the old interweb when I get back indoors 👍🏻

Routy56

Routy56

Can't recommend any non original equipment makes. I have recently had lots of trouble with this which made me wish the dealer hadn't talked me into buying them. Got Bridgestone again now.
Yes the originals are Bridgestone and have lasted over 14 years 😃
I’ll get some quotes tomorrow
Thanks for the heads up 👍🏻

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Been working in my Xmas tree plot this week with the Kx71-3 and managed to throw one track off 4 times in one on tree stumps. Think I will be having a closer look at what condition the track really is as it is right at the limit of the track idler when greased back up!,

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Wish I’d put Bridgestone back on my 803, it’s got TuffTrack I think they are, from SPS iirc? Half the price of OE, but nowhere near as good. Like yours, mine had done very well, plenty of tread, but the cords let go in the end, a friend borrowed it and wasn’t very careful, it came back with three bars ripped out of the track:sneaky: that was the end of them...

The new ones, despite having twice the lugs in them, which is suppose to be better and smoother, are nowhere near as smooth when tracking as the Bridgestones were, and I bet they won’t last as long either...

Routy56

Routy56

Wish I’d put Bridgestone back on my 803, it’s got TuffTrack I think they are, from SPS iirc? Half the price of OE, but nowhere near as good. Like yours, mine had done very well, plenty of tread, but the cords let go in the end, a friend borrowed it and wasn’t very careful, it came back with three bars ripped out of the track:sneaky: that was the end of them...

The new ones, despite having twice the lugs in them, which is suppose to be better and smoother, are nowhere near as smooth when tracking as the Bridgestones were, and I bet they won’t last as long either...
Probably won't go with OE but look to source reasonably priced but good quality locally ;)
Have already sent a message to Cautrac at Gt Horkesley who are Neuson dealers.
Salesman tried to sell me new tracks when I was there recently for parts :ROFLMAO:
Cautrac rubber tracks
Then I have found but haven't used another local company called
UK Construction Part Ltd - anyone used them?
Turns out they have just moved to Frating - about 12 miles from here :)
UK Construction Rubber Track

So could end up chucked a few tracks in the back of my new Navara very soon :ROFLMAO:

D

Diggerdave

I've always used leach lewis for my rubber tracks. Probably one of the cheapest and I can't really fault them.

Routy56

Routy56

Haha yeah so far reasonably hard into the corners and they haven't fallen off. :D
Last few weeks have been scared on the corners with all the clunking going on......
.....so lots of lifting and swivelling was done to stop tracks coming off :eek:
Few years ago put some nice BT16s on my ZZR 1200 - it cornered even better with sticky tyres if you was brave enough :ROFLMAO:

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Probably won't go with OE but look to source reasonably priced but good quality locally ;)
Have already sent a message to Cautrac at Gt Horkesley who are Neuson dealers.
Salesman tried to sell me new tracks when I was there recently for parts :ROFLMAO:
Cautrac rubber tracks
Then I have found but haven't used another local company called
UK Construction Part Ltd - anyone used them?
Turns out they have just moved to Frating - about 12 miles from here :)
UK Construction Rubber Track

So could end up chucked a few tracks in the back of my new Navara very soon :ROFLMAO:
When I said OE, I was simply referring to them being Bridgestones. Although I can’t recall anyone else quoting me for Bridgestones, other than Greensheilds?
If I was phoning up tomorrow for new tracks, I’d be trying to find a supplier of a Bridgestones personally.

Routy56

Routy56

When I said OE, I was simply referring to them being Bridgestones. Although I can’t recall anyone else quoting me for Bridgestones, other than Greensheilds?
If I was phoning up tomorrow for new tracks, I’d be trying to find a supplier of a Bridgestones personally.
Turns out that Greenshields have got a promotion on tracks for JCBs 😃Trackmaster brand - my size for only £152 + VAT
I’ll also ask them about Bridgestones 👍🏻

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Turns out that Greenshields have got a promotion on tracks for JCBs 😃Trackmaster brand - my size for only £152 + VAT
I’ll also ask them about Bridgestones 👍🏻
Trackmaster used to be made by Bridgestone iirc if they have got Bridgestones to fit your machine, for that money, then I’d bite their arm off!

wee_gus

wee_gus

I regularly fit ASTRAKs track systems as I am one of their approved contractors.

I also use tracks from Milling international based in eccles Manchester.

Both are reasonable price!

Milling do try and price better for the 0.8-8t market.

I have had issues with ASTRAK steel tracks wearing to quick but they all come with warranty

Routy56

Routy56

So, after procrastinating last week about my worn out tracks, I decided to order some from our local Neuson main dealer ;)
Ordered on Monday from Cautrac Ltd and delivered on Tuesday.
As you guys all know, when you fit new parts, it's nice to clean up and refurb yer old stuff.
So, here's a few snaps of the process:

IMG_7856.jpeg

Old tracks slackened off with the usual help of bit of 3x2 run round the sprocket :p

IMG_7876.jpeg

Undercarriage refurbed using angle grinder with wire brush and sanding disc etc.
Nice bit of Ferguson Grey darkened with a splash of black :cool:

IMG_7867.jpeg

New track fitted and tensioned ready for action. Was pleasantly surprised that all the running gear was in excellent order.
The bearings on the idler wheels and rollers were all OK. Surprising after running in loads of shit just lately :(

The old tracks are still survivable for an old yard machine. Wouldn't want to get caught to on site when they eventually let go :eek:
So, being cheeky have stuck them on eBay, starting at only one pound :LOL: