Rubber track repair

dod

dod

Anyone ever had rubber tracks repaired? Seen a few companies advertising vulcanise repairs not sure they're any good

Got a track in the 6 tonner nearly split. 1500hrs. The rest of the tracks are fine. I've ordered a new one but wondered if it would sort for a spare.
I always have been tough on tracks. Never had more than 2000hrs out a set on an 8 tonner.
20200514_155841.jpg

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

The cords in the track will be rusty, and they will break, it’s a waste of time and money trying to repair them imo. Never ever seen it advertised as a service either?
I have had tyres major repaired, some successful, some not. It’s always a consideration on a tyre, and you’d be surprised what they can do. But a track? I wouldn’t bother personally.

Danny

Danny

Had a price for my 8T for tracks as there is a big spilt in one which has been there since 2018 when i bought the machine but at £800 - £1200 a side and most tracks can be over nighted to site ive left it go. Just replaced two tracks on my Tb210r at £110 a side wish the 8T was as cheap

Mark

Mark

Never thought of converting your 8 ton digger onto conventional track chains with rubber bolt on pads? We used to have. Cat 307c that way it served us well, used to get around 5 hours out of a set of chains.

GazCro

GazCro

Having never bought tracks i can't comment on costs. I can however say having ran 2 rubber tracked takeuchi tb 175 to 6000hrs without changing any undercarriage parts at all you should be getting better life than 2k. Admittedly both diggers when traded in were due new tracks. How old are your tracks as cracking comes more with age as rubber dries out.

doobin

doobin

I’ve never gotten more than 2k out of a set of tracks either, you’re not alone.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
That split has without doubt been caused by tracking over either Kerbs or A similar obstruction.

I was plauged for some time with this exact damage on our TB015.... till I clicked it was being caused by the transport frame we where using.

wee_gus

wee_gus

Not worth it, it’s scrap. It will have damaged the cords inside the track.