Rotary union

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Where's best to get a 2port rotating joint for ³/8" hydraulic pipes?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
V8Druid

V8Druid

looking at that listing again... although it's not listed as new, I'd say it's not been used ... the plastic bungs in the side/body ports are how they arrive, new in the box
also just noticed that the upper part only has the top ports fitted/threaded .... all the ones I have have both top and side ports with one set plugged with screw in caps ... that one looks to be plugged with crimped in blanks and I'm not so sure it's 4 gallery, as can only see side ports to one side, but one is labeled 'C' so guessing there'd be 'A,B & D', too??? ...

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
weren't available in great supply when i was searching for a rotary coupling .... flowfit do singles and Roemheld units're only 1/4 ports ... could use a 4 way and double up
this is the only one i can find tonight ........ and a 4 gallery ..... pretty decent price ... these are circa 1500 quid new
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roemheld...636592?hash=item421dca4470:g:qFQAAOSwZtNa1ilY
It says it dispatches from Athens 🤔 have you bought from the seller before, are they trustworthy?

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Screenshot_20200813-201230.png

I'm thinking 1/4" ports might work. They appear to be rather expensive and in long lead times 😳

V8Druid

V8Druid

It says it dispatches from Athens 🤔 have you bought from the seller before, are they trustworthy?
the three I have (one 4 gallery as a spare for me VA-r and a six gallery that was too cheap to leave - I'd originally wanted a six) all came from the states. I have bought some pressure switches from a guy in Athens quite some time ago, but can't recall if it was this fella or not
his feedback looks good with zero -ve or neutral feedback in 12 months and some good comments
he " specializes in the trade of slightly used industrial equipment and components. Our products include 3 phase electric motors and gears, generators, cranes, pumps, fans, hydraulic systems, pneumatics, linear drivers and electrical equipment."

if worried pay with a credit card not paypal (they're ****ing useless ) and if it doesn't arrive ... tell the card provider to charge back for non delivery ..... I'd ask for either some better pix or if it's a four port unit.
or

set up a search for " Roemheld Rotary " or " Roemheld carr lane rotary " ... the two and four gallery units do tend to come up pretty frequently ... the six ways are like hen's teeth
somewhere I have all the spec sheets on PDF for these.

V8Druid

V8Druid

View attachment 17405
I'm thinking 1/4" ports might work. They appear to be rather expensive and in long lead times 😳
that flanged 4 port is half the price of the Roemhelds :oops: .... they're used in carousel CNC machining centres to feed oil to the hold down clamps for the work pieces .. they're beautifully made and highly reliable .... can get you some decent pix of the units I have if you want

Last edited:
L

Lynchy

Try Willie Thompson aero hydraulics,always sorted me out
01555 893626,

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Try Willie Thompson aero hydraulics,always sorted me out
01555 893626,
I give home a call on Monday and still haven’t heard back 🤔
I got one from deublin, had in stock was just over £6 ton but is new ex manufacturer and the right thing for the job so all sorted thanks again 👍

V8Druid

V8Druid

I give home a call on Monday and still haven’t heard back 🤔
I got one from deublin, had in stock was just over £6 ton but is new ex manufacturer and the right thing for the job so all sorted thanks again 👍
I should hope they came and fitted it for you too, for 600 quid :oops::oops:

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Had some quotes for I've £2k for some so think 6ton is reasonable. The second hand unit from Athens was £4ton and who knows when or if it it would arrive 🙉 .

V8Druid

V8Druid

Had some quotes for I've £2k for some so think 6ton is reasonable. The second hand unit from Athens was £4ton and who knows when or if it it would arrive 🙉 .
aye it's a good price TBF, for a new unit (y):)... was being flippant Mike ;) .... they're bloody dear items :( ...... who supplied it ??