Reed bed

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Well as you are aware I’ve been building a trommel to wash stone for this job and hopefully will have a go with it on Monday. So first job was to buy a ‘new’ grab as I sold the last one about 3 years ago:whistle: this one is better as it has a hydraulic rotate(y) the old one didn’t(n) and fit it on the machine
3478B2F8-CE1E-4B76-9C25-C6FCE85A698E.jpeg40A1DD20-E401-48F7-A102-D9F71FBD6E33.jpeg
Got a good reach 8 meters from the blade:)
So now on with the job we have to dig the old dead reeds and the silt that has built up since the last time we did it
64594A9C-964E-41A3-910F-4F88E3FD07E0.jpeg
Got my pal with his 3.5 ton mini in the bottom scraping the reeds to me
5D948406-5645-44D5-9746-11EDB493C510.jpeg
Where I can reach down and grab them out and into his hook loader
4F494E68-B61B-41CF-8808-0CBCD493B57A.jpeg
So this was my view for the rest of the day;)

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Looks like you are having fun. Plenty of sludge build up. Hopefully just dirt.
Graham

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
is that the one you did maybe 3-4 years ago Mog?:confused: ... remember reading the posts in CEF about it ;) tidy looking Kins(?) on yer dipper extension (y)
interesting looking luggage lift (?) in the background :)

tinydigger

tinydigger

making machines look small since 1980
is that the one you did maybe 3-4 years ago Mog?:confused: ... remember reading the posts in CEF about it ;) tidy looking Kins(?) on yer dipper extension (y)
yep is a what we used to call a high-low normally used on the wide bodied jumbo jets. you would load all the bags in igloos basically a shaped ally box with one side that was a net or curtain. the trailers for them had locks and rollers once at the high low a quick push on to the bed and the rest was done by the machine with powered rollers. the planes would have powered rollers as well controlled by a panel by the door. on a good day could unload and load a full plane of bags in 30 mins about 4 guys instead of a hour plus and 10 guys.

Mogman

Mogman

Yes same job(y) must of done it right to be asked back:whistle:
As for the scissor lift cut it up on Saturday morning after I’d got a few hydraulic motors of it and the engine power pack(y)

M

Monkeybusiness

F650???? ..... as in BMW F650? bike??
Nobody would care if one of those overweight beaky German tractors met the gas axe - the one Mog had in his sights was a bit bigger and a much sadder scenario imo!

V8Druid

V8Druid

Nobody would care if one of those overweight beaky German tractors met the gas axe - the one Mog had in his sights was a bit bigger and a much sadder scenario imo!
:LOL::LOL: so put me out of my agony :rolleyes: ...... WTF is he gonna cut up ??? :confused:

doobin

doobin

F650 truck chassis IIRC.

Mog, isn't there a market from some third world airport for all this gear? Seems criminal.

V8Druid

V8Druid

F650 truck chassis IIRC.

Mog, isn't there a market from some third world airport for all this gear? Seems criminal.
certainly does :rolleyes:.... some techy stuff getting the axe :(

Mogman

Mogman

Probably but has to be destroyed :eek::(:(
This one came in a few weeks back

12BE7CE6-579A-4D9F-8807-4D01701AA07F.jpeg
Has a joy stick in the cab to control the de-icer nozzle

tinydigger

tinydigger

making machines look small since 1980
Probably but has to be destroyed :eek::(:(
This one came in a few weeks back

View attachment 5583
Has a joy stick in the cab to control the de-icer nozzle
best not show that to the lads I used to work with we trained and used a old Bedford based deicer with a open bucket that you had to climb out over the cab to get in to

Mogman

Mogman

Had a good day today, got the bulk of the reeds out, just the edges to tidy up
E58C5F32-2437-49FF-8C54-A9CDB36A04EA.jpeg
The little dumper never missed a beat(y) not been used for over 2 years just a quick service and a jump;) happy days it’s shifted just shy of 100 tonnes in a couple of days and driving on loose gravel so hard going at times:whistle:
552A56DC-CB2F-47C0-9F6D-1BA6C584A294.jpeg
Will get the ‘wash plant’ on site Monday then the fun will start there is 400mm deep of gravel to clean about 400 square meters

Mogman

Mogman

Had a few days away from the job not been there since Friday 🙄(they had a water problem) but back tomorrow so loaded up the trommel and a few other things:whistle:
A2B0A5D6-8788-4928-81F4-14B7049ACDF0.jpeg

Mogman

Mogman

Something like that, it’s a pal of mine Roberts & Jackson a haulage contractor just borrowed his dumper has it has a swivel skip to speed the job up a bit

Mogman

Mogman

Been on site again today, scraped the reeds and mud of the top and started to move the gravel out of one side to the other
B18B60D8-34F0-491A-BDA7-2E39EC44F03D.jpeg
As you can see lifted the ‘wash plant’ into place and filled with water
BA31CC12-1FEB-4956-8D3A-BA1A16BDD24A.jpeg
Lost the light at about 7.30 :cry: but put a bit of stone through it and it seemed to work:whistle: I think to do a better job I will need more water spraying in the drum, so after I’ve done a machine move in the morning will make another wash bar and stick another water pump on it ready for Thursday:)