Post and rail fencing

Danny

Danny

Does anyone have any rates for post and 3 rail fencing 1.2m high no access issues

Rip out exsisting with macine
90m length
1.2m high

Only ever done bits and pieces before on day work / hourly

Was thinking around £45 / 50 m2 ?

IMG_7343.jpg

S

Smiffy

How are you installing it
Blokes doing equine stuff with a post nocker could be as as low as 15 a linear meter doing a few hundred meters that's including 2 rails but probably on half round rather than sawn

Danny

Danny

Hoping to rip the posts out with the existing concrete still attached abit of hand dig and replace with new

B

Brendan

Best to work it on on day rate.
Metre rate for post and rail is very low.
Chances are the original stuff is just knocked into the ground

S

Smiffy

Depending on how far below ground level and what the ground is could you snap them off and move along half a bay and get someone to knock them in
Would save a lot of work as posts always break without removing the concrete anyway and you end up with such a large hole trying to get it out

doobin

doobin

For 5x3 posts and 2x4 rails, £30-£35/m would be fair, £50 taking the mick

Knock them in, use screws so you can adjust the rails when you stand back and realise it looks wonky...

3.5x1.5” rails are available and a bit cheaper, but warp much easier.

On sandy soil, I’d do 90m in two days with two men and a mini digger with knocker no bother.

Danny

Danny

Customer wants them concreted in, so knocking them in is out of the question.

60 day payment from the end of the month, so got to put abit more on to cover the long wait :sneaky:

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Customer wants them concreted in, so knocking them in is out of the question.

60 day payment from the end of the month, so got to put abit more on to cover the long wait :sneaky:
aye.... let some other mug do it for sod all ..... and wait ..... and wait .... to be paid

JD450A

JD450A

Wolf without teeth.
Let some other mug do it on 60 day's Danny.... fk fencing at the best of times.

doobin

doobin

For that spec and payment terms you'd be right at £50/m. Concreting them is a pain, especially as even C4 timber barely lasts ten years these days.

tinydigger

tinydigger

done shit loads of it for a horse sanctuary i worked for all knocked with a tractor mounted king hitter in at 6ft spacing's and 3 rails. 3 man team one driving one on the controls and then a twist and plumb guy. On a good day we would set out 2 packs of posts first thing have a quick break then ram nearly all the posts in before we knocked off. Seen them hit with tractors run in to by horses at full speed and never moved them although i could pull them out if they where lifted vertically was how the soil held on to them

Gunners

Gunners

I agree with Doobins rates, it looks like a hand dig job too, the first post is way to close to the streetlight for my liking and it looks like you've got a BT manhole and maybe something else 3ft inside the fenceline. Either way, an Augar is a sure fire way to find cables and it really wraps them up when it does find them:eek:.
I'd be tempted to get a fencing firm to price it for you and just put your 20% on top. Chances are they can do it cheaper than you can and they love hand digging as they have to do it every day.;)