Plant trailers

Flying Torquewrench

Flying Torquewrench

Hazlewood 2700D would suit your needs. 15” high sides to keep the type 1 in and it won’t escape through the tailgate either.

Downside are the internal tie down points. However they are always very helpfull and I am sure that they are willing to work with you.
BD16645D-0997-460F-B574-99806C07A434.jpeg
8E5A3338-3625-4415-960A-504B8D30A6EE.jpeg
004DE0E0-ED95-445B-8AEE-ED5C3DBE4F3D.jpeg

Flying Torquewrench

Flying Torquewrench

That looks dated.
What is more important, looks or practicality?

It is a good allround trailer. I have a slightly different model and the digger and buckets etc fit on it quite nicely. Because of the high sides it is also brilliant as a general purpose trailer and picking up a load of sand or bricks is no issue.

GazCro

GazCro

It is a good allround trailer. I have a slightly different model and the digger and buckets etc fit on it quite nicely. Because of the high sides it is also brilliant as a general purpose trailer and picking up a load of sand or bricks is no issue.
Needs to be foot longer imo. The extra foot with a 9 makes a massive difference to getting buckets on and digger in right spot for balance, or 1 ton dumper

doobin

doobin

A plant trailer is a plant trailer to me,I’d never use it for anything else. Tie downs and ease of loading are the most important. Otherwise you might as well have a flatbed with sides and a full width ramp.

I can see how it might be useful for type 1 if that’s all you have, but then it needs a steel floor. As for the wooden bucket rest- won’t last five minutes!

Flying Torquewrench

Flying Torquewrench

Needs to be foot longer imo. The extra foot with a 9 makes a massive difference to getting buckets on and digger in right spot for balance, or 1 ton dumper
To be honest I can’t comment as I have the 10 footer but that has a minimum width of 5.6 foot.

A plant trailer is a plant trailer to me,I’d never use it for anything else. Tie downs and ease of loading are the most important. Otherwise you might as well have a flatbed with sides and a full width ramp.

I can see how it might be useful for type 1 if that’s all you have, but then it needs a steel floor. As for the wooden bucket rest- won’t last five minutes!
Fair enough Doobin. I use my trailer for everything as I tow it behind a jeep. Otherwise I need to run two trailers which doesn’t work for me. I personally like that the floor is nice and low compared to a normal flatbed.

However the downside of that is that you can’t remove the sides so loading a pack of bricks with a forklift is interesting.

When you compare it to the GH94 I find this trailer more useful, due to its higher sides. But each has to decide for themselves what works for them. For me practicality trumps looks.

A

Alan caddy

If anybody is really desperate ifor dealer up here has a few plant trailers in stock but a long way to travel will call round later on and see what he's got in seems to be able to get them pretty often too come up by container full at a time

B

Brendan

If you do order one and want it with a 50mm ball (as opposed to the standard ring-hitch) make sure they build it with the hitch-spacer on the A-frame. It was a no-cost option on mine.
Going to check tomorrow what mine is coming with and if it's not too late to swap it over

M

Monkeybusiness

Going to check tomorrow what mine is coming with and if it's not too late to swap it over
The GAP spec GH 94 has a different a-frame as it is designed to be used with a ring-hitch. You need it set up like this to use it with a 50mm ball hitch (unless you tow it with your company Ferrari I guess)

Attachments

• 4B028E5E-5C9B-4326-92CF-DFA99EA64E16.jpeg
    4B028E5E-5C9B-4326-92CF-DFA99EA64E16.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 192
R

Russell

When I asked about that the woman said they are all made for a 400mm odd tow bar height and so my trailer has no spacer