Plant trailers

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
I hate them.....

Need to upgrade my 2.7t trailer or seriously overhaul it... can't actually be bothered to overhaul it really but it's a option. Got My GH94 and 12' x 6'6" x 3.5t I for to PX.... However the obvious choice (Ifor GH94) was stifled due to the local dealer offering £600 for each trailer (IMHO the Flatbed is worth £1500 minimum for a private sale) which annoyed me somewhat.... they also can't deliver till end of the summer which is not Ideal but I can live with.

GH94 Ifor - I really like, it's perfect size wise and tows nicely...... also being low it's nice to load with heavy s**t, dig out of with the micro digger, etc. Tiedown Points are also spot on..... sadly as above.... and the springs are a bit weak - Around £2200 + Vat
1619559624323.png

Brian James Thingy has nice tie downs, sides are a bit pathetic and holes in the deck so no good for loading with material. £2400 ish

1619559795527.png

Bateson is about £2400.... I like em and can get the length etc modified to suit which is a plus tie downs are a bit feble though.
1619559959031.png

Indespension 50..... I like and looks better built than the rest..... going to see tomorrow if the 4' wide one can be spec'd at 3.5t capacity? But it's close to 3k before you put much spec on it. Internal tie down points too which is twattish IMHO.

1619560060274.png

Thoughts

Giles

Giles

Happy with my batesons had the longest widest one they do, tie downs on top of mud guards on mine and at front.

bad points jockey wheel not as good as ifor tipper one, it’s so wide caught wheel few times on narrow lanes when dick heads in range rovers have no width gauge.

but other than that good trailers had another Bateson flat bed for 12 years factory is 1 mile from our yard as well. And know the Bateson family.

Attachments

• 916BD62D-14C9-449F-A53F-3C76CB4F8BA7.jpeg
    916BD62D-14C9-449F-A53F-3C76CB4F8BA7.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 94BD8F46-75F2-48A2-9C34-4DDBEC4F9247.jpeg
    94BD8F46-75F2-48A2-9C34-4DDBEC4F9247.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 70
  • D39229F4-00E5-4A67-B1C9-95B7A0077F84.jpeg
    D39229F4-00E5-4A67-B1C9-95B7A0077F84.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 43F1F6AB-DE15-44EC-8C23-6CF7CDD87FD5.jpeg
    43F1F6AB-DE15-44EC-8C23-6CF7CDD87FD5.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 2FD5FA12-1B96-4833-9327-6CF2859D1BD0.jpeg
    2FD5FA12-1B96-4833-9327-6CF2859D1BD0.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 68
T whiting

T whiting

Have you priced a Graham Edwards?

I've never liked the way type 1 can escape out the tailgate on a Ifor. I dont like the new type Ifors there a pita to strap on with the internal and sparadic strapping points.

GazCro

GazCro

I've had ifor gh94 for 5 years now and have no complaints. I can't comment on rest from experience of them but i can't see indespension being worth £800 more even if heavier rated. I would think if you could contemplate spending that extra you may as well by 10×5 ifor.
Imho they are all a compromise to an extent as they are all building max payload for minimal unladen weight. People will knock ifors (they are not the quality they were) but you can't knock their resale value.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
Have you priced a Graham Edwards?

I've never liked the way type 1 can escape out the tailgate on a Ifor. I dont like the new type Ifors there a pita to strap on with the internal and sparadic strapping points.

That is why I like the GH94. Welded tiedowns on top edge of the trailer.... 4 each side. plus two on bucket rest. Does'nt seem to loose type 1 either.

Graham edwards is rubber torsion suspension and well over 3k with the vat....... so it can stay off the list :ROFLMAO:

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
I don't want anything wider than a 4 1/2' Bed..... I have a lorry for that.

More payload would be better but no one would do that on a 4 1/2' bed (unless Indespension pull that out the bag).

R.e the trade in price, that sealed the fate of the local Ifor Dealer........ £1200 for the pair of trailers? Get f***ed. I'm not even bothering to go any further forward with that.

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
When they price things like thst they probably just don’t want the business . I.e the used stock. A dealer has to retail their stock with warranty and it needs to be correct. Labour vs parts etc there to busy selling new like no mans business, they can pick what they want to do.

T whiting

T whiting

The heavier axles are longer which is why you can't find a narrow 3.5 t trailer I found that out after we collapsed a axle and tried to fit a heavier duty one to stop it happening again

S

Steve

I sold my old Ifor on eBay & just went to local dealer & picked up a new one, back when you could. I would just order a new one and sell yours privately when it arrives.

doobin

doobin

I sold my old Ifor on eBay & just went local dealer & picked up a new one, back when you could. I would just order a new one and sell yours privately when it arrives.
What he said. The GH range is really well designed.

I’d never ask any dealer for a px, especially on something as in demand as an ifor trailer.

M

Monkeybusiness

You’ll snap the Brian James (I have, several times), they are crap.
Get the Ifor GH94, ask for GAP spec which comes with double leaf springs and heavy duty wheels and tyres as fitted to the 3.5 tonne GH1054 (but is still narrow and 2.7 tonne).
Buy straight, don’t mess about with PX.
You’ll be waiting a long time for a new trailer from anyone at the moment so don’t flog what you’ve got just yet!

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
What he said. The GH range is really well designed.

I’d never ask any dealer for a px, especially on something as in demand as an ifor trailer.
Catch 22 is the simple fact I cannot be arsed to deal with half-witted twats buying trailers...... same league as mini diggers... Half know everything about nothing and the other half arrive with three generations of the same family in a crew cab transit. (As said before I have nothing wrong with travellers and gypsys but despise pikeys and if you don't think there is a big difference you are wrong). I don't mind loosing a bit on them but to loose at least £600 off the value of one is fair daft...... Rather just not bother buying a new one and instead get mine overhauled or buy another middling one.

You would think it'd be a fairly sensible solution..... PX the two trailers, Plant trailer sits sensibly at a bottom end value of £600.... the Big one realistically could be a quick throw in a auction job at £1200+..... £1800 would of won the dealer a very hassle free sale and I've no issues waiting till the end of the year for the trailer and letting them pick up the higher valued flatbed trailer tomorrow and then take the GH when the new one arrives.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

I've got nigh on identical 10ft 6 flats from ifor and Indespension...Ifor Is simply a better trailer, tows better, hitch is night and day better etc.... with resale values I'd never bother looking elsewhere ...if you can get hold of em🤬 it's not gonna get better anytime soon either.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Catch 22 is the simple fact I cannot be arsed to deal with half-witted twats buying trailers...... same league as mini diggers... Half know everything about nothing and the other half arrive with three generations of the same family in a crew cab transit. (As said before I have nothing wrong with travellers and gypsys but despise pikeys and if you don't think there is a big difference you are wrong). I don't mind loosing a bit on them but to loose at least £600 off the value of one is fair daft...... Rather just not bother buying a new one and instead get mine overhauled or buy another middling one.

You would think it'd be a fairly sensible solution..... PX the two trailers, Plant trailer sits sensibly at a bottom end value of £600.... the Big one realistically could be a quick throw in a auction job at £1200+..... £1800 would of won the dealer a very hassle free sale and I've no issues waiting till the end of the year for the trailer and letting them pick up the higher valued flatbed trailer tomorrow and then take the GH when the new one arrives.
Had an old boy banging on my door trying to buy my 10ft flat last week...couldn't decide on the description. I settled for travelling farmer