Plant insurance for rd use

Pedrod355

Pedrod355

What does everyone else do for road insurance for plant ie- telehandler etc ?

Try’d a couple of insurance brokers and they both will only offer TPO with the option of adding a 2nd insurance policy which i cant remember what they called it to give me in around about way fully comprehensive,adding the 2nd policy is working out a bit to expensive (TPO £310 & £500 for other policy) for the odd time i travel on roads!

They don't seem to offer third party fire & theft either?

P

powercom

Have you tried JCB insurance services I could not any cover from the run of the brokers for our 2cx jcb offers the best option road insurance fire and theft while on site but we just use it on our own sites , certainly worth a try i think they will cover any make not just jcb

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
NFU quoted me 520 quid TPF&T for me duck middle of last year inc. road risks, with an agreed £15k value

D

DaveDCB

Roughly £195 for road use on my telehandler and dumper, 3cx used to be the same too. Jcb insurance 👍🏼

Pedrod355

Pedrod355

JCB wont quote me, as the broker i got a quote from apparently inquired with jcb also.

NFU wont quote me either unless i take business insurance out with them.

What a carry on 🥊😡

V8Druid

V8Druid

JCB wont quote me, as the broker i got a quote from apparently inquired with jcb also.

What a carry on 🥊😡
our local NFU office are great ... (y)
had all my biz insurance with them for years, still insure my vehicles with them ... (no clue when it comes to house ins. though :() and came back with a quote for the duck pretty promptly.

Bri963

Bri963

What a carry on 🥊😡
Did you go into the NFU office or Try by phone? Can make a difference.

Pedrod355

Pedrod355

Phone’d NFU, as none local, i think a lot depends on the muppet you get at the end of line at the time!

V8Druid

V8Druid

Phone’d NFU, as none local, i think a lot depends on the muppet you get at the end of line at the time!
deffo ..... my local office is populated by great people -- ATM .. wasn't always so ... have dealt with the same girl/woman for years ... she comes to see me :giggle: and is always very switched on .... their service for all my biz ins. was superb and ultra flexible ... aside from a two year loss of plot on my vehicle needs.. they've been great for well over a decade