Phone doesn't stop!

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Is everyone else experiencing a huge amount of automated calls supposedly from BT threatening to disconnect your line if you don't press one now? We get about 20 per day this last week or so.
We just hang up thinking they'll give up eventually but if it's a machine then it'll just keep going 🥺
If you go down the route of call screening it might piss off genuine callers 🤔

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Is everyone else experiencing a huge amount of automated calls supposedly from BT threatening to disconnect your line if you don't press one now? We get about 20 per day this last week or so.
We just hang up thinking they'll give up eventually but if it's a machine then it'll just keep going 🥺
can you not block the numbers with BT Mike?:unsure: I've cured it here ... unplugged the phone :giggle: .. years ago .... used to get so many cold calls/crap of an evening we just pulled it ..... if anyone I know wants me, they ring the mobile. ........ not so easy for your biz lines though :(
If it wasn't for the 'net requirement, i'd have binned BT's line off years ago :mad:
Whoever comes up with a financially viable non line based option'll finish BT :giggle:(y):cool::cool:
they've ripped everyone off for years, for a totally crap service. :mad: Always used LCR for calls, but the line rental was/is inescapable :(

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Yup. And Amazon shite etc . Like u say on biz lines u can't block em that easily. Have a bit of a laugh with em tho ..as previous my goal is to keep em holding long enough to stop em annoying someone else. Victory is when they call you a mother f""kkker

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I keep getting a call from a bloke in California trying to get me to buy shares in his Pharma Company. I do enjoy listening to all the sales patter and when it comes down to the card details I usually just say.....sorry can you send me the details in the post.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I spoke with one of them this afternoon, they had one of those accents from far east that was almost racist on its own 😂 kept saying "we are bt technicians, you must follow our instructions or you will be cut off" I just humoured myself for a couple minutes before they hang up.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Yup. And Amazon shite etc . Like u say on biz lines u can't block em that easily. Have a bit of a laugh with em tho ..as previous my goal is to keep em holding long enough to stop em annoying someone else. Victory is when they call you a mother f""kkker
yeh used to work nicely ..... "I'll just transfer you to the boss -- it's him you need to speak to " and just leave 'em on hold, listening to Muzak ... some'd try a few times, but soon got the idea :giggle::giggle:

M

mart1602

someone rang my daughter to ask about her recent accident,she said how did you know i had a bad accident i had my head cut off.never twigged and sent her a claim form in the post

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

My answer is, thank you for calling, you hit the jackpot to day, and I tell them that I operate the biggest mobile crane in the country and my customers' pay 9 000 pounds an hour😱, so my minimum charge is for one hour, and that bill will come if they call once more.

I have so far not been given The Opportunity, to send that Bill 😋🤣

I never hear from them again 👍

modelman093

modelman093

Regular “fraud alert” calls but a letter from the publishers of Earthmovers headed “ The Next Issue will be your last” was a bit concerning.

Left hooker

Left hooker

Regular “fraud alert” calls but a letter from the publishers of Earthmovers headed “ The Next Issue will be your last” was a bit concerning.
That normally comes with your 2nd to last and last copy's under the plastic as a reminder not in the post as normal letter