Oops

M

Monkeybusiness

It’s a pretty mad situation - the way I understand it by declaring ‘General Average’ the costs of the vessel’s recovery has to be shared amongst all of the people with cargo on board (which they also did with the other ship in the Suez).
Surely it is 100% down to the company to swallow any costs? It isn’t as though the cargo caught fire etc and caused the issue. The captain or pilot drove out of the channel and the vessel grounded.
Maritime law has some bizarre nuances!

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

It’s a pretty mad situation - the way I understand it by declaring ‘General Average’ the costs of the vessel’s recovery has to be shared amongst all of the people with cargo on board (which they also did with the other ship in the Suez).
Surely it is 100% down to the company to swallow any costs? It isn’t as though the cargo caught fire etc and caused the issue. The captain or pilot drove out of the channel and the vessel grounded.
These are the folk who now get £10k a box instead of £2k a year or three back.🧐

L

Lynchy

Yeah,bit of a roulette game,will you get cargo? Will you get charged percentage of loss?
Probably best not to ship with evergreen !

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

[QUOTE="Lynchy, post:
Probably best not to ship with evergreen !
[/QUOTE]

Not terribly easy to do , over the current renewal programme they are adding 42 new vessels!

Wasn't that long ago they were being criticised for adding another dozen 24,000 container capacity ships to the fleet during a period of depressed rates, looks like they judged it right 😄

Possibly the chaos they caused by jamming the Ever Given across the Suez canal has proved to be very profitable 📈 🤔

I'm still chuckling that it is the Ever Forward that has been aground for the last three weeks in America 🤣

L

Lynchy

Podtrack A19

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1653043445990.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653043445990.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 216