Old Crane on site Today

F

fred

What a lovely bit of kit we had on site today lifting in some steels.

Capture.JPG

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
An old TK (y) looks the business :)
A real pain to work on though(n)

T

topkit

Loving that bit of old kit, A credit to it's owner obviously it has to be tested every year so great job and ideal for those little lifting jobs.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Panes from Upton on Severn ...... they have got some classic old stuff ..... in daily use :rolleyes: :) ..... an' that's a KM with the twin head lights and 10.00-20s ;) TKs were 6 stud IIRC :unsure:;) and incapable of that sort of loading
Think that may be a Gallion on the back of there

F

fred

its had 4 different bodies on it, as they rusted out he put another on. lifted the crank to the back of the site and it was a good ton and a quarter

V8Druid

V8Druid

An old TK (y) looks the business :)
A real pain to work on though(n)

Oh yes !! :( .... cab off for anything major .... done that a few times :rolleyes: .... not as bad as it sounds and can be done in about 90 minutes ..... then they're a doddle ;)
Done a LOT of miles in TKs and KMs :)

V8Druid

V8Druid

its had 4 different bodies on it, as they rusted out he put another on. lifted the crank to the back of the site and it was a good ton and a quarter
those Bedford cabs were buggers for rotting out ... I have a soft spot for them though .... they weren't a bad drive for their day .... PAS would've 'made' the TKs :rolleyes:

Furniss

Furniss

Great to see vintage kit still being used - old boy that has moved my 8 tonner for last 15 years still uses a mid 80's Renault Midliner that he got new ... does job nicely. Over here lots of local firms still use older kit - used to seeing it now but it was a real suprise to see when we first moved over

V8Druid

V8Druid

Great to see vintage kit still being used - old boy that has moved my 8 tonner for last 15 years still uses a mid 80's Renault Midliner that he got new ... does job nicely. Over here lots of local firms still use older kit - used to seeing it now but it was a real suprise to see when we first moved over
is your plating regime not so stringent over there? :confused:
I was always amazed at some of the older kit, kicking about in France, in daily use, but not been to froggy in maybe 9-10 years :rolleyes: .... were it not for this bloody Gaucher's disease of mine, we'd have been living there long ago :( .... was always the long term plan, :unsure: ...... before it manifested an' I ended up in hospital one night, out of the blue :(
No chance now.... :cry:

pettsy

pettsy

those Bedford cabs were buggers for rotting out ... I have a soft spot for them though .... they weren't a bad drive for their day .... PAS would've 'made' the TKs :rolleyes:

A friend of mine runs one as a lime spreader, and has a couple of cabs in the yard as “spares”.

Furniss

Furniss

Looks like you have a pretty nice going on up there to me :cool: - doesnt work out for the majority when they up sticks and try somewhere new, not sure I would have done it either if I had of known what there is to go through if you still need to earn a crust -and its like wading through fecking treacle with all the bureaucracy :mad: and when you have a biggish job on and need to make things happen they can be a shower of shite :rolleyes: but I would have to be dragged back kicking and screaming after what we have put in.............................cut to after BREXIT to find yorkshireman and family kicking and screaming getting sent back to England :LOL:

To avoid another BREXIT discussion the Missus is 1/2 Irish (at least ;)) so we have passport options :)

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

A friend of mine runs one as a lime spreader, and has a couple of cabs in the yard as “spares”.
he wants to grab everyone he sees in a usable state ... there'll come a time when there won't be any left :(.... as said, I've always liked the TK/KM trucks .... basic but relatively comfy .... for their day :rolleyes: .... the 330 engine was a good basic unit .... as long as you never got 'em hot - - the 4 cylinders were absolutely gutless :mad:

Kingpins were the biggest bitch on them, keeping them adequately lubed ....... jack 'em up, show 'em some heat and pump it in ...... regularly ;)

V8Druid

V8Druid

Looks like you have a pretty nice going on up there to me :cool: - doesnt work out for the majority when they up sticks and try somewhere new, not sure I would have done it either if I had of known what there is to go through if you still need to earn a crust -and its like wading through fecking treacle with all the bureaucracy :mad: and when you have a biggish job on and need to make things happen they can be a shower of shite :rolleyes: but I would have to be dragged back kicking and screaming after what we have put in.............................cut to after BREXIT to find yorkshireman and family kicking and screaming getting sent back to England :LOL:

To avoid another BREXIT discussion the Missus is 1/2 Irish (at least ;)) so we have passport options :)

Yeh we're very lucky to have found it ... took us seven years of searching .... but still didn't tick all the boxes :rolleyes: .....
Doubt I'd have gone and tried to earn a living out there though :unsure: ..... my French'd take a while to get to that sort of level, but can get by OK and always better after a few weeks of practice :)

Just love the country and like its peoples' laid back attitudes :rolleyes: .... "Je suis Gallois" also always gets a better reception than "Je suis Anglais" ;)
Have spent several months, over the years, wandering around France and would love to see so much more of it, based there ..... but :(

R

Rob 210

Nice ol bit of kit.
if it's a T.K though it's a rare one
I thought the t.ks where only single head lamps and the k.ms where twin head lamps?

V8Druid

V8Druid

Nice ol bit of kit.
if it's a T.K though it's a rare one
I thought the t.ks where only single head lamps and the k.ms where twin head lamps?
Correct ...... also much smaller axles ..... 10.00 - 20s won't fit a TK axle

T

topkit

Druid think you will find a lot of older kit in France, if you go over to Cyprus and Greece you also will still see older kit working early 3CX's even 3c mk3' on Crete also seen plenty of older MF 50D's i am always looking at prices and In France Netherlands and Germany their plant all seems to make very stong money so i suppose smaller companies and owner op's keep it for longer and get there monies worth, That has a lot to do with alot of stuff costing alot more in these countries due to the Euro. I used to export alot of Horticultural items and during the early 90s and the Euro crippled a lot of businesses overseas ( but then that's another sore subject and is conveniently forgotten by some)
Going back to old TK's my mate had a recovery truck which i drove a few times i remember when it came back from being serviced they had tightned the steering box i ended up with arms like Popeye after driving it! Lol

V8Druid

V8Druid

Druid think you will find a lot of older kit in France, if you go over to Cyprus and Greece you also will still see older kit working early 3CX's even 3c mk3' on Crete also seen plenty of older MF 50D's i am always looking at prices and In France Netherlands and Germany their plant all seems to make very stong money so i suppose smaller companies and owner op's keep it for longer and get there monies worth, That has a lot to do with alot of stuff costing alot more in these countries due to the Euro. I used to export alot of Horticultural items and during the early 90s and the Euro crippled a lot of businesses overseas ( but then that's another sore subject and is conveniently forgotten by some)
Going back to old TK's my mate had a recovery truck which i drove a few times i remember when it came back from being serviced they had tightned the steering box i ended up with arms like Popeye after driving it! Lol

LOL :LOL::LOL: ....... Kingpins needed the 'treatment' with some heat to get the grease into 'em ...... they were b' stards to lube ;)

Malta's the same for old gear too ... used to have a guy come to see me once a year, buying all sorts .... always kept an eye out for stuff for him and he'd see me right for pointers :)

pettsy

pettsy

he wants to grab everyone he sees in a usable state ... there'll come a time when there won't be any left :(.... as said, I've always liked the TK/KM trucks .... basic but relatively comfy .... for their day :rolleyes: .... the 330 engine was a good basic unit .... as long as you never got 'em hot - - the 4 cylinders were absolutely gutless :mad:

Kingpins were the biggest bitch on them, keeping them adequately lubed ....... jack 'em up, show 'em some heat and pump it in ...... regularly ;)

He’s had a few lorries out of the local quarries and sold them on for export. This is the newest purchase - apparently far less popular for exporting.
.833B602D-9126-4AC7-BB04-7D937756B10D.jpeg

V8Druid

V8Druid

He’s had a few lorries out of the local quarries and sold them on for export. This is the newest purchase - apparently far less popular for exporting.
.View attachment 2960
pongo wagon ..... bit of a bitsa .... IIRC Cruiser cab - sort of - chopped down ..... would think bits are thin on the ground to keep one o' them 'afloat' in the 'export countries ' :)