Oil filter

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
I remember selling a 4500 Js220 for somebody

Buyers request was a service before sale.

A filter wrench and about a 10 ft scaffold bar was what it needed to remove the filter

On from new 😳

I don’t know how people can do it but failure rates were minimal across a fleet of say 1500

1500 machines very little servicing, or 1500 machines and service twice a year at say 250 each time average

£750k

It worked out in average that 50k of major engine repairs needed yearly

So it was better to leave it within reason.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better

A filter wrench and about a 10 ft scaffold bar was what it needed to remove the filter

On from new 😳

I don’t know how people can do it but failure rates were minimal across a fleet of say 1500

1500 machines very little servicing, or 1500 machines and service twice a year at say 250 each time average

£750k

Interesting view point that :eek:

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

On from new 😳

£750k

There was a big haulage firm, who had that same view, back in the 90s apparently. Would never service the trucks, just do the bare minimum to keep them on the road and legal.

Like you say, to the average person, you’d never dream of such a thing, risking the assets you’ve worked so hard to obtain. But when machines are literally numbers on a spreadsheet, and the person looking at those numbers has no connection with them, then the savings can be considerable.

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
It’s why fleet machines etc are not always the one to go for😂😂😂 some people get lost in them thoughts

Reading back my post from last night. My English was worse than worse than normal

Happy new year all

diggerjones

diggerjones

The oil in this is very clean. No milky like some of my other machines

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The oil in this is very clean. No milky like some of my other machines[/QUOTE]
I hope you're talking hydraulic and not sump Dylan :oops: .... milky is usually water contamination in the hydraulic system, most likely from condensation, or water ingress in the reservoir :(