Mini dumper accident

F

fred

6 mins in. Lucky not more seriously hurt. Didn't help the safety lever wasn't working on the digger as he slewed the arm when he jumped off nearly crushing them. Operating scrap kit is not worth it.

R

rossandson

6 mins in. Lucky not more seriously hurt. Didn't help the safety lever wasn't working on the digger as he slewed the arm when he jumped off nearly crushing them. Operating scrap kit is not worth it.

That couldn’t of ended badly not only the first problem but then nearly had a 2nd accident trying to look at the 1st. 🙈 the digger wasn’t broken after the first accident it was the when it slewed it did damage.

Looks like he caught his pocket on the lever? 🤔

doobin

doobin

Darwin awards. Someone lend them a bigger machine to finish the job :ROFLMAO:

doobin

doobin

Grabbing straight off the tarmac 🤦🏼‍♂️
No problem with a grab driver you can trust. I don't know why people bother with boards, they get grit impregnated and are no better/even worse than putting the dirt on the tarmc, they make grabbing a nightmare and the pile ALWAYS ends up bigger than the boards so why bother??

And apart from that- the road is trashed by everything else anyway, I pay plenty road tax, so I'm buggered if I'm putting fresh boards down, especially at £50 a board currently!!

S

Smiffy

No problem with a grab driver you can trust. I don't know why people bother with boards, they get grit impregnated and are no better/even worse than putting the dirt on the tarmc, they make grabbing a nightmare and the pile ALWAYS ends up bigger than the boards so why bother??

And apart from that- the road is trashed by everything else anyway, I pay plenty road tax, so I'm buggered if I'm putting fresh boards down, especially at £50 a board currently!!

We don't use boards on the tarmac but tend to have a mini sit with the grab lorry And scrape up as the mini is more delicate.
And you have to stack concrete break out carefully so that the grab can get it without pushing it down

Hg2702

Hg2702

🤣 £50 a board you want to shop
Around a bit , personally I have a collection of boards of off various jobs we’ve gained. Regarding overspill you roughly know what a load is so it’s not rocket science to not overload it all and just clean it up with a shovel and brush after. Much better then enraging the locals by covering the tarmac in mud. Although to be fair it’s normally off of the customers drive / front garden

hiluxman

hiluxman

Worst thing ever is visqueen. Then once it's trashed they expect you to take it with your nice pile of clean muck.

J

Jimoz

Worst thing ever is visqueen. Then once it's trashed they expect you to take it with your nice pile of clean muck.
All the skips along m1 roadworks are lined with it I presume for concrete but surely it's just as easy to clean a skip?

hiluxman

hiluxman

All the skips along m1 roadworks are lined with it I presume for concrete but surely it's just as easy to clean a skip?
Yes normally concrete wash out skips.

It does make sense in that respect but Tring to grab off visqueen is ok til you grab a fold or crease in it.