Laser Levels Online Store

• Thread starter Laser Levels Online
  • Start date
Laser Levels Online

Laser Levels Online

P

Thanks for that, What was the plant talk discount again😘?

The 5% Discount Code: PLANTTALK can be entered at the Checkout (below Billing Address in section 5).

1706260267205.png

Laser Levels Online

Laser Levels Online

So how come the FRE-20xr is cheaper than the spectra if it has extra features- is the spectra more robust? I'd definitely like digital read out on the detector...

The Fukuda brand although becoming increasingly more popular, is still classed as a mid-range brand. Whereas Topcon and Spectra are the premium equivalents.

So although incredibly subjective it is a bit like comparing a top-of-the-range Toyota SUV with a middle-of-the-range Audi SUV. Think Rav4 vs Q5.

To compare like for like, you would need to be comparing the Fukuda FRE-203XR with something like the Spectra HV302 in terms of feature comparison. At the time of writing the Spectra HV302 is the best part of £1300 when configured with a mm/inch Detector. It's one hell of a Laser (1.5mm accuracy, 800m range etc...) but with a price tag to match.

The Fukuda FRE-203XR is enormously popular. Largely because although 95% of the time it will just be used for horizontal levelling, out of the box it has the extra features (vertical, 90 degree squaring, dual grade) which make it a true all-rounder and as it is still a mid-range brand is more affordable.

Best regards

Mark Roberts
Laser Levels Online

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

I'd 100% get the hv302 that can seek the receiver itself, its so much easier to setup gradients on your own with it

I agree, fantastic tool to work with on your own. Used with a magnet mount machine receiver there's not much you can't do solo. 🙂

I sort of get the impression that once you've seen how easy technology makes awkward jobs then the I-dig starts to get thought about 🤣

Laser Levels Online

Laser Levels Online

I agree, fantastic tool to work with on your own. Used with a magnet mount machine receiver there's not much you can't do solo. 🙂

I sort of get the impression that once you've seen how easy technology makes awkward jobs then the I-dig starts to get thought about 🤣

For those Plant Talk members who are interested, the configured HV302 package that is being referenced is the following.

The Spectra HV302 Premium Kit is a fully self-levelling red beam rotary laser which levels on the horizontal, vertical, 90deg squaring and dual grade. It is accurate to ±1.5 mm at 30m, range of 800m, has an IP rating of IP66 (Dust tight / Protected against powerful jets of water) and a 5 year warranty.

Upgraded to have the HL760 Detector which has the mm/inch display, a large pickup window and additional radio linking features like Automatic Grade Matching and PlaneLok.

The direct link for this configuration is:
https://www.laser-level.co.uk/spectra-hv302-premium-kit.html?config=24-65

This kit is also compatible with Magnetic Machine Detectors like the Spectra CR700, for customers running Dozers, Backhoes & Excavators etc up to about 12T.

If you would like to learn more about the CR700 please see: https://www.laser-level.co.uk/spectra-cr700-magnetic-detector.html

Best regards

Mark Roberts
Laser Levels Online

Furniss

Furniss

Whats going on there ...when I click link it shows price 1187 the jumps to 1348 ?

Laser Levels Online

Laser Levels Online

Whats going on there ...when I click link it shows price 1187 the jumps to 1348 ?
It’s a pre-configured link.

So the default HV302 package comes with a core function Detector (HR320) which is the initial price. But then when the page loads it pre-selects the kit choices / options that have been discussed in this thread.
Namely changing the Detector to the HL760 which has the Grade Match and PlaneLok functions. This is why the price then changes and the green box highlights the chosen options.

Furniss

Furniss

Y

It’s a pre-configured link.

So the default HV302 package comes with a core function Detector (HR320) which is the initial price. But then when the page loads it pre-selects the kit choices / options that have been discussed in this thread.
Namely changing the Detector to the HL760 which has the Grade Match and PlaneLok functions. This is why the price then changes and the green box highlights the chosen options.
Our old leica has a crack in the case ...had it years and its been great ...but might well go for that one ..the abilty to line up an axis with a long trench with minimal fall would be v handy.