Lamma 23

hiluxman

hiluxman

You do notice stuff like that now dont you. Seen a few old specimens lately, cavalier! Carlton, mint B red fiesta and a Reno 5 !
No way some of these modern crap will be about in 30 years time. Anyone for a Nissan leaf with dead battery? No thought not 😂
Yeah. Not many motors I'd love to own but a lotus carlton is one, they are mental money nowadays.

But regardless seeing an old car still doing its job makes me happy.

6feetdown

Yeah. Not many motors I'd love to own but a lotus carlton is one, they are mental money nowadays.

Used to have Evo mag years ago and they were 10 on the scale I think description said 'if you can find a straight 1'
Absolute beast of a car had a carlton estate lovely motor

hiluxman

hiluxman

Used to have Evo mag years ago and they were 10 on the scale I think description said 'if you can find a straight 1'
Absolute beast of a car had a carlton estate lovely motor
I've had some nice motors in the past but louts carlton is the only one I've wanted from been young.

40ra has also helped boost the lotus carlton scene.

S

Smiffy

Go to ozz or new Zealand. It's amazing how long cars last without rust gremlins.
Me and my mate had an 89 Subaru legacy when we went out in 2014 and it was mint. Another mate had an early 80's Corolla. No rust and a few hundred thousand k on it.

hiluxman

hiluxman

Go to ozz or new Zealand. It's amazing how long cars last without rust gremlins.
Me and my mate had an 89 Subaru legacy when we went out in 2014 and it was mint. Another mate had an early 80's Corolla. No rust and a few hundred thousand k on it.
I've been to Malta good few times and they keep old things going a good while, they recon if you go to gozo you can step back another 10 years.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Never see a cougar either.

Similar with vauxhall calibra. I know they have a following, probably me just remanising. 2 days ago I pointed out an old k reg fiesta driving by, I was like you don't see them any more lads I pointed put to where like 'meh'. Not that I'm interested but more the point its nice to see old stuff still doing its job.
and Carltons and Senators ..... in fact I can't recall the last time I saw a Cavalier mk1 or 2 :rolleyes: