Kubota kx-3 Blue

Furniss

Furniss

Does anyone happen to know or know where to find the RAL code for Kubota dark blue KX-3 series ? local firm going to mix me up a pot but they need code or a lump of the machine to match it against :rolleyes:

Cheers

Furniss

Furniss

Cheers but looking for a colour code to get some mixed up rather than order some.

CPS

CPS

I'm pretty sure i have a tin in the workshop, Il check if it has a ral number in the morning.

Furniss

Furniss

After a fair bit of titting about where my man was sure it was grey and a wasted tin of paint later where no matter how much red he added he only got lighter grey ...we ended up a second batch and with a colour that is very close - never did find a RAL number even after more searching ?! - just wanted to tidy the bit that gets kicked when you get in the cab no matter how careful you try to be - I have seen some people put a piece of checker plate there instead and thought about fabbing a bit up but the curve of the step would be an arse to match and could of looked crap - so nearly the right colour blow over it is .... tomorrow morning job.

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
I think there’s a couple of blues because we got one from construction Colors and it was way off

Furniss

Furniss

Yeah I saw there is an early blue and then a blue that started with the -3 called KX-3 Blue but no RAL numbers anywhere.

CPS

CPS

I knew I had kubota something here.... but it's orange 🤔 no ral on the tin either.
20190105_143242.jpg

Furniss

Furniss

HTS were recommended in another thread and I have emailed to see if they will post service kits and consumables out to france - their website looks pretty good and they have a fair range of kit, hopefully save time ordering if it from one site - I noticed they do the paints too (y) but its too late for this little job cos I got the step blown over this afternoon with the colour we matched up in town and TBH its not bad - blind man on a galloping horse and all that :)

Might even post a pic up when its bolted back on ............ low res :p

Last edited:
Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

.................... just wanted to tidy the bit that gets kicked when you get in the cab no matter how careful you try to be .
Have you considered using a piece of sticky back "non slip" matting like the OEM's use on the steps. Ollie gave me a few bits he had several years ago. It still wears through, especially if your a rough arse bugger like me but its far easier to change than spraying, imho.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Have you considered using a piece of sticky back "non slip" matting like the OEM's use on the steps. Ollie gave me a few bits he had several years ago. It still wears through, especially if your a rough arse bugger like me but its far easier to change than spraying, imho.
called Trakmark, amongst other things .... IIRC Dunlop used to be a big manufacturer of it and Scotch too with their Scotchgrip tapes.
Even Screwfix sell it now :rolleyes:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/anti-slip-tape-black-50mm-x-18m/57217

https://www.google.com/search?q=tra...fAhUUShUIHRyaA74Q7Al6BAgAEA8&biw=1243&bih=754

Furniss

Furniss

It was already a bit scratched up before I kicked it for 3 years so wanted a bit of paint - I looked for some 3M type tape but couldn't find any - now its tidy would be a good to add something - not familiar with that stuff but will check it out 👍cheers

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
It was already a bit scratched up before I kicked it for 3 years so wanted a bit of paint - I looked for some 3M type tape but couldn't find any - now its tidy would be a good to add something - not familiar with that stuff but will check it out 👍cheers
try a boat chandlers Kevin ..... it's used a lot on decks on boats and can usually be gotten in larger bits from places like that ;):giggle: