Just popped by to say Hello

Casedriver

Casedriver

Hi Guy's a few of you will know me as Casedriver on the old forum did a bit of this and that ran a Menzi for a bit great machine but am not convinced the UK plant industry is ready for it or ever will be they just can't put it in a nice box like a conventional machine and try getting a risk assessment to dangle on a wire rope past a major civils contractor more chance of platting piss 😟
Anyway as many will know life as an owner operator isn't a smooth and easy path all day in machine all night on quotes RAMS Safety and Environmental policies VAT accounts the list goes on so when the opportunity came to go operating a Menzi for someone else came up with van pension phone laptop expenses I took it and sold up . As it turned out it was a massive mistake I didn't fit it the company and despite supposedly being there to bring experience it was a very closed shop and their ways and mine are very different. Things couldn't go on as they were and I moved on to join the Team at WM plant and its chalk and cheese great team and am back to enjoying work, Will I ever stop missing having my name on the side of the machine? Probably not ! Do I switch of as soon as I get in the van and go home ? No still think about the job 24/7 I think its called giving a sh@ 😁
Would I go back to paddling my own boat? I honestly think it would take a miracle I take my hat of to any owner operator out there but in my opinion your days in lots of cases are numbered the hoops many have to jump through are just so big and so many you cant compete with the mass fleets ?
I will probably look in now and again and pop up an odd picture but not my place or platform to go into any great details of what we do and the finer points on the machines.
IMG_20190615_112536.jpg

Last edited:
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Watcha Sean have you been sat on that animal:unsure: bit more sedate than your walker I bet:)

Casedriver

Casedriver

Watcha Sean have you been sat on that animal:unsure: bit more sedate than your walker I bet:)
Yes had her for a few weeks in full on 30 metre form with Prolec 2D dig system 😎
But I since being with WM Machines have ranged from 1.5 to 110 ton and very simple jobs to full 3d gps stuff and make no mistake that 385 is fast for a big girl

A

Alan caddy

One of there machines are working up here on lewis just now doing a new marina was digging from land but is now on a barge think it's the biggest machine that's been on this island

Casedriver

Casedriver

Yes the 374 is up there at the moment full 3D gps job I believe

M

Monkeybusiness

On the long reach dock work I guess it’s always across carriage. Is it rock solid or can it nod a bit?

Casedriver

Casedriver

On the long reach dock work I guess it’s always across carriage. Is it rock solid or can it nod a bit?
Cross carriage isnt a problem even at 30 meter reach but obviously we run very different attachments with a 14 metre stick to perhaps a 6 metre on a reach boom but as you can see from the size of the lumps she's not shy at 30 metre

doobin

doobin

Cross carriage isnt a problem even at 30 meter reach but obviously we run very different attachments with a 14 metre stick to perhaps a 6 metre on a reach boom but as you can see from the size of the lumps she's not shy at 30 metre
Presumably you leave the bucket in the water for boyancy as you bring it back in if it's a particularly large lump?

Casedriver

Casedriver

Presumably you leave the bucket in the water for boyancy as you bring it back in if it's a particularly large lump?
Yes you notice a massive difference when you break the water surface

Casedriver

Casedriver

Thanks Ollie can't claim credit for that one its by Andy T Lee photography he has taken some great shots of the job unfortunately they aren't mine to share