JCB 8016 pin trouble

• Thread starter Flying Torquewrench
  • Start date
F

Flying Torquewrench

The pin that connects the dipper to the boom does not want to budge when I try to remove it. No movement whatsoever.

What would be the best way to remove this pin? Gave it a few bangs with a sledge hammer to no avail. Don’t really want to put heat into it as it buggers the paintwork. I have been thinking about making a frame so I can try to push the pin out with a 20 tonne bottle jack.

F

Flying Torquewrench

Cheers Mogman, no access to a pneumatic breaker only a Hilti TE700 medium duty. Might give that a try anyway before starting to fabricate.

F

Flying Torquewrench

Will give that a go next week. First sorting out my boom cylinder after it blew a seal.
256D8955-71C0-4EE3-9D7A-6A3710F4338A.jpeg

Gunners

Gunners

They get worn when not greased so can end up with the boom sitting in a groove in the pin. Sometimes taking the weight off the dipper whilst simultaneously hammering fuck out of the pin works. On mine, the one for the boom ram to kingpost was a bastard as it had worn so much.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
They get worn when not greased so can end up with the boom sitting in a groove in the pin. Sometimes taking the weight off the dipper whilst simultaneously hammering fuck out of the pin works. On mine, the one for the boom ram to kingpost was a bastard as it had worn so much.
good call (y)

F

Flying Torquewrench

Without any weight on the dipper and a short burst of the Hilti the pin finally shifted.

Thank you everybody for all your ideas.