Isuzu rear spring helpers

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

Looking for help re my isuzu d-max it is now out of warranty so I can fit after market parts with out worry. I am looking for ether heavy duty rear springs or assistors what’s out their and what’s any good ? thanks guys

M

Monkeybusiness

Speak to Midland Road Springs if you want uprated leaf springs.
Also Owen Springs in Ellesmere Port are really good and will make you anything you ask for.

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

Speak to Midland Road Springs if you want uprated leaf springs.
Also Owen Springs in Ellesmere Port are really good and will make you anything you ask for.
Thanks for you help have emailed both cheers

S

Smiffy

The air assist springs are really good on vans so should be good on pickups
That way you don't have to have a rock solid ride when empty

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

The air assist springs are really good on vans so should be good on pickups
That way you don't have to have a rock solid ride when empty
have you got a contact most of the sites I look up are in oz it seems to be a big thing for them but not so much here

S

Steve

Looking for help re my isuzu d-max it is now out of warranty so I can fit after market parts with out worry. I am looking for ether heavy duty rear springs or assistors what’s out their and what’s any good ? thanks guys
What is wrong with the springs in standard form? I only ask because I have a similar vintage Dmax which I use to tow with & find the gearing is crap but never had a problem with the springs.

S

Smiffy

have you got a contact most of the sites I look up are in oz it seems to be a big thing for them but not so much here
I haven't fitted them only driven vehicles with them
Can find loads of red ones for defenders which look the same just different end blocks supplied for leaf springs
Only company I can find are these but 10 times the price of the red Landy ones

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

What is wrong with the springs in standard form? I only ask because I have a similar vintage Dmax which I use to tow with & find the gearing is crap but never had a problem with the springs.
would just be better not to look over loaded even when it may be, tools, Wacker, gas oil all adds up then stick the trailer on the back with 2700kd digger buckets rototilt may be time for a bigger truck

Big Jordy

Big Jordy

Personally I’d go air bags on the rear suspension.. have had air on two pickups now and absolutely love them excellent job for towing..
Just one example out there as there are a few but simple google search and your flying..

Jordy

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Personally I’d go air bags on the rear suspension.. have had air on two pickups now and absolutely love them excellent job for towing..
Just one example out there as there are a few but simple google search and your flying..

Jordy
looks very good VFM that (y)

M

Monkeybusiness

Jordy
Definitely do this!!!
Uprated springs are great if you are running loaded a lot of the time but they do compromise the ride otherwise.
These look great value.

CPS

CPS

Slightly different I know, but I put spring helpers in my Transit, I was worried about ride quality..... but by God I didn't have a van until I put these in😮 totally different van, improved the ride quality 100% never feel a bump loaded or empty ( well as empty as a service van gets😁)

Big Jordy

Big Jordy

Had a Set on my last l200 they where brilliant for towing really helped the and kept the ride height constant no matter what the weight of the trailer... I dont recommend much but I’d definitely recommend them and soo easy to install honestly an hour sorted them

jordy

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

Thanks for the help guys it looks like the air bags are the way to go and looks fairly easy to fit wont be going for the all singing ones but the basic seem to be the job

pettsy

pettsy

I see pedders kit mentioned quite a bit on the Dmax page on Facebook. I think they do air kits aswell as uprated springs.

G

Gecko

Apparently some D-max's are having issues with their rear springs breaking.

A favorite mod in Oz is to fit air bags to the rear springs as a ride leveler and then overload the crap out of the car and then hitch on a caravan the size of a small suburb.
Then they get indigent when the chassis fails to cope.

Up rate the spring by all means, but don't go silly.