Insurance

B

Brendan

That time of year again and need to renew plant insurance.
Any recommendations for all risk policies currently with JCB but renewal has nearly doubled since adding the two welfare units

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
That time of year again and need to renew plant insurance.
Any recommendations for all risk policies currently with JCB but renewal has nearly doubled since adding the two welfare units
try a separate policy for them ??

V8Druid

V8Druid

Tried nfu and will not quote for just plant insurance on its own, have to have another policy with them before they would quote for it
I have a history with them and they still do my vehicles ... TBH they are ... or at least have been the last few years, unbeatable for my vehicles ... by a BIG margin (y) (y)

B

Brendan

I have a history with them and they still do my vehicles ... TBH they are ... or at least have been the last few years, unbeatable for my vehicles ... by a BIG margin (y) (y)
All my other policies are months away from renewal, to be honest from the lady's attitude on the phone I won't bother trying them next time

V8Druid

V8Druid

All my other policies are months away from renewal, to be honest from the lady's attitude on the phone I won't bother trying them next time
as said elsewhere ..... depends on who answers the phone ... don't know where you are, but if you wanted to give my local office a try PM me and i'll let you have their contact info. ....... always found them great to deal with

B

Brendan

Northampton, thanks for the offer but if they're unwilling to do plant policies without any other policy being with them beforehand it's not worth the hassle

V8Druid

V8Druid

Northampton, thanks for the offer but if they're unwilling to do plant policies without any other policy being with them beforehand it's not worth the hassle
AFAIK ... each office is run as a separate entity .... there's an office in Aber. which has a terrible name ... yet Wormbridge, which i use are awesome ... will be talking to them shortly as the vehicles are up soon ... I'll ask them if they'd be interested in further business of this type ;) .. they might even do rather well here

Bri963

Bri963

Try the Spalding or Stamford offices, might be a better experience.

craig

craig

I`ve just renewed employers and public liability policy's a few weeks ago, I use a broker who moved me to jcb this time, at almost half the price of Aviva, who I`ve been with for quite a few years. The broker also does my truck, and some plant, and I use nfu for some other plant, pickup and, tractors.

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

I`ve just renewed employers and public liability policy's a few weeks ago, I use a broker who moved me to jcb this time, at almost half the price of Aviva, who I`ve been with for quite a few years. The broker also does my truck, and some plant, and I use nfu for some other plant, pickup and, tractors.
I use JCB for mine, it’s underwritten by Aviva though 🤔

craig

craig

I use JCB for mine, it’s underwritten by Aviva though 🤔
The broker said to me jcb have come back on game recently with their prices, and they`ve moved a few over to them.
By the sound of it Aviva where trying to have me over:cry:

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

The broker said to me jcb have come back on game recently with their prices, and they`ve moved a few over to them.
By the sound of it Aviva where trying to have me over:cry:
Loyalty counts for nothing with insurance, although I’ve had my car and vans insured with direct line for a few years now and nobody else can get close to them.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Aviva took the piss out of me for years :mad:.... try finding anyone to cover hot works :cry:..... then gave the NFU a try and they saved me a fortune, with better cover

B

Baggy

Can anyone help with a recommendation for insurance, I need short term for a mini digger. Bought at auction and need transport insurance for 14 days. So far it's as if I'm asking for the first born son!!

Danny

Danny

Sounds like you need plant insurance and then to speak to your vehicle insurance provider.

I use Jcb insurance through a local broker so it feels like im helping a local business.
Sometimes the hours spent on the phone to save £10/£50 aint worth it imo

B

Brendan

Not sure if you can get short term polices for plant, you might find that majority of short term policies are for hired in plant only.

B

Brendan

Aviva took the piss out of me for years :mad:.... try finding anyone to cover hot works :cry:..... then gave the NFU a try and they saved me a fortune, with better cover
They all do to be fair.
For my public liability I left direct line to another company, direct line would only cover low risk activities. So started a new policy (which cost more than my renewal) based on being able to add under pinning to the policy at a later date if needed.....
Fast forward a few months and it turns out I can't add it and will have to cancel policy and pay an additional 900 towards a new policy