Insurance costs

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Just had an insurance renewal in and its 150% more than previous years premium 😶
How's everyone's experience of insurance costs lately, up all-round? I think I need to shop around a bit more 🤔

sjs5060

sjs5060

just had my fleet renewal through, up from £2k to £2.7k, only 3 vehicles and one of thems a tractor. I told him straight I’m not paying it. Wether I’ll find it cheaper is another question entirely tho 🤷🏻‍♂️

6feetdown

Just had an insurance renewal in and its 150% more than previous years premium 😶
How's everyone's experience of insurance costs lately, up all-round? I think I need to shop around a bit more 🤔
Paid landlord insurance yesterday up about 150.
Public last week up a cpl hundred plus had to add new machine so another 500

• Wow
Reactions: Bob
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
bike ins. gone up 50% :( .. just renewed it - Footman James.....
cars back in Feb. was negligible - couple of quid and the extra for the Sportage was an unreal 70 quid, two weeks after renewal of t'others - NFU ... :oops:
House has gone up 50 quid at the end of May :rolleyes: - Footman James

hiluxman

hiluxman

I'm feeling great as mine is due in a few weeks, I'll put a mattress on the floor before I open the renewal letter

D

DaveDCB

My last plant renewal was December and it was roughly same as last year, but I’ve heard afew guys being hit hard the last few weeks.

Car went up about 200£ last month for absolutely no good reason , still the cheapest we could find!

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I was chatting to my NFU man a few weeks ago and he said car claims have gone through the roof and premiums going up about 15%. Quite a few of his clients were hitting the comparison sites then coming back to renew. They don’t charge any extra for installments and when some of the stupid interest rate charges are added to a “cheaper” quote they are less expensive than first look.
He also gave some advice regarding the claim for my friends burnt out discovery that had been rejected. They have now been paid out so happy days for her!!

6feetdown

I was chatting to my NFU man a few weeks ago and he said car claims have gone through the roof and premiums going up about 15%. Quite a few of his clients were hitting the comparison sites then coming back to renew. They don’t charge any extra for installments and when some of the stupid interest rate charges are added to a “cheaper” quote they are less expensive than first look.
He also gave some advice regarding the claim for my friends burnt out discovery that had been rejected. They have now been paid out so happy days for her!!
Probably all these electric cars!

hiluxman

hiluxman

Well seen as you all started talking about it mine arrived today. Up from 2.5k to 2.9k. That's for all vehicles 3.5t and below, includes me driving of other vehicles.