How tough is the rototilt r6

G

Greg5658

Hi I'm from Canada, joined up to this forum because it looks like Roto is pretty common here, I'm looking to get the rototilt r6 for my cx210d and I was wondering how tough it is. I want to get the pin on version to reduce weight and since I'll be using the rotator 90% of the time I don't really need it to be easily removed from the machine. However occasionally I need to bash through a concrete street to fix a pipe underneath, will it stand up to that? Also I do the odd demolition where I'll have a concrete footing or wall to remove. Always a man short on the crew so can't always have the backhoe hammer around to help

doobin

doobin

21t is a big size for a tiltrotator, so I don't think they'd build it weak, but I know most manufacturers are not keen on hammer work.

Someone with a lot more knowledge and experience will be along shortly, but I'm not sure you'd really notice the extra weight of a top hitch on that size machine, and if doing bulk digging the ability to remove the tilty would be handy.

Randla

Randla

Interloper
Hi I'm from Canada, joined up to this forum because it looks like Roto is pretty common here, I'm looking to get the rototilt r6 for my cx210d and I was wondering how tough it is. I want to get the pin on version to reduce weight and since I'll be using the rotator 90% of the time I don't really need it to be easily removed from the machine. However occasionally I need to bash through a concrete street to fix a pipe underneath, will it stand up to that? Also I do the odd demolition where I'll have a concrete footing or wall to remove. Always a man short on the crew so can't always have the backhoe hammer around to help
As @doobin says, a 21t tilty isn't weak. @CPS will give you specific advice on Rototilt, but Engcon's stance was quite simple - tilties and hammers don't mix. A CX 210D will easily handle the weight of a twin hitch setup and I'd say the benefits would outweigh the marginal disadvantages (build height, expense, weight). If you haven't seen it, there is a piece on configuration here.

HTH, Robert

CPS

CPS

The R6 is a tough bit of kit, I have a few working here and never had any problems.
Are you thinking of going with the pin grabber coupler or S70?
A top hitch won't add much weight or build height to a machine if that size.
You can use a hammer with the R6, although they recommend approx no more than 300 hrs per year, as I tell my customers if you want to use it to break out some rock or concrete you come across on a job that's fine.... but if you are going to break out acres of concrete take it off..

If you need any more help just ask.

G

Greg5658

The R6 is a tough bit of kit, I have a few working here and never had any problems.
Are you thinking of going with the pin grabber coupler or S70?
A top hitch won't add much weight or build height to a machine if that size.
You can use a hammer with the R6, although they recommend approx no more than 300 hrs per year, as I tell my customers if you want to use it to break out some rock or concrete you come across on a job that's fine.... but if you are going to break out acres of concrete take it off..

If you need any more help just ask.
Thanks for the info, I've got a full lineup of pin grabber buckets currently, I don't feel like having to completely retool. I've been thinking of getting the top quick attach in a wedge coupler. Wedge is super common out here I could pick up a spare bucket for the heavy duty work