doobin
Well-known member
How so? Only moving the material 50 yards and forming a shallow bund? Reverse back for next bucket?As much as I love trackloaders I'll pass. Not the tool for the job IMHO.
Now go look at your tilt rotator bucket FFS![]()
How so? Only moving the material 50 yards and forming a shallow bund? Reverse back for next bucket?As much as I love trackloaders I'll pass. Not the tool for the job IMHO.
Now go look at your tilt rotator bucket FFS![]()
Perfect tool for the job unless soil has changed how it behaves recently.How so? Only moving the material 50 yards and forming a shallow bund? Reverse back for next bucket?
Should have no problem forming and tracking in a shallow bund at the edge of the plot? the bund needs to be so that future maintenance such as topping to control bracken regrowth is possible with an alpine tractor.Perfect tool for the job unless soil has changed how it behaves recently.
It's not quite as shiney but I've seen them moving it around when I popped in there a few months back.That’s either an old picture or it’s done very little work. Not many self-drive hirers keep an old machine in that condition.
i'd do a day in it for a price of lunch and a pintThats bloody brilliant. They will do me it with an experienced op (63 years old, so hoppefully genuinely experienced) for £600 a day. Looks like the perfect machine for the job.
Otherwise I'll rent it at £200 a day and you or Rory can come for a holiday!
It's not quite as shiney but I've seen them moving it around when I popped in there a few months back.
Its a bit of a lottery. Usually it will be brand new and shiney or dogged to death. Much like most hire companies I suppose.Coppards have all the best toys. Their Goldstone depot is the best. Stuff there you would never imagine existed let alone self drive
Its a bit of a lottery. Usually it will be brand new and shiney or dogged to death. Much like most hire companies I suppose.
How so? Only moving the material 50 yards and forming a shallow bund? Reverse back for next bucket?
If you put a Drott over it I know what the topography will be afterwards.My concern would be how the topography is underneath as my experience of these sorts of sites is generally the strata beneath is more varied than you'd realise.
The other thing is they will likely want to do it out of nesting season, which likely means doing it in the wet..... Far easier to keep the mess away with digger and tracked dumper than a drott.
But as said it's just my opinion. I love drotts but times and places.
Thing is though that's the difference between the ecologically sound bollox and the normal way of working.If you put a Drott over it I know what the topography will be afterwards.
Fair point though Doob, is it a flat location, or full of hills and holes that need to be preserved? That puts a whole new dimension to the job.
For that job it’s perfect, just think the Multione writ large. You can do a 20 degree side slope quite easily, which would be quite easy on your Alpine, I imagine. But you know those machines better than me. Remember, if you get the job, pictures or it didn’t happen/we can’t criticise on here.Should have no problem forming and tracking in a shallow bund at the edge of the plot? the bund needs to be so that future maintenance such as topping to control bracken regrowth is possible with an alpine tractor.
There's a massive saving just in labour costs compared to digger and dumper from what I can see, but I've never used one on a job. Really have noticed savings in domestic groundworks using my Multione rather than a digger and dumper.
They've got stuff they've forgotten they've got, in places they've forgotten they've got. if that makes any sense ?Coppards have all the best toys. Their Goldstone depot is the best. Stuff there you would never imagine existed let alone self drive
Thanks. Just so I'm clear, you reckon it'll take a week to take the top off one hectare with that track shovel? And place the waste to build a shallow bund, tracking it in as you reverse back?For that job it’s perfect, just think the Multione writ large. You can do a 20 degree side slope quite easily, which would be quite easy on your Alpine, I imagine. But you know those machines better than me. Remember, if you get the job, pictures or it didn’t happen/we can’t criticise on here.
Just give them a meterage rate with a minimum charge for something like that would be my suggestion.This is what I'm up against. Bunch of f****ng clowns. Literally 5PM today and the 'committee' has decided they want a quote for a firebreak too. Bear in mind that I've walked this site once in my whole life, and that was on Monday. Here's the spec.... anyone else want to quote?
View attachment 53423
It boils my piss. Every village council I've dealt with is the same. Spending public money with nary a trace of a proper procurement procedure. If it weren't for my track record in heathland restoration and good standing with Natural England (who actually allocate the funding, based upon quotes recieved by the applicants for the funding, in this case the village council), I'd tell them to swivel.
How would you quote a meterage rate when the track width, the track route and the minimum clearance to other trees are 'tbc'? Does this firebreak go through the heavily wooded area or skirt around the outsides?Just give them a meterage rate with a minimum charge for something like that would be my suggestion.