Hi folks!

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
crazy resale values £8k for a 20 year old repainted digger. Wonder what its new price was ? Close to £8k I would guess!
Simple.

More people have 8k to spend on a digger than 30k for the equivalent new machine. Therefore prices at the lower end are seemingly more expensive than the equivalent machine at the higher end

D

Davejura

Looks a good one! I also think if I can squeeze up to 12K I might do a bit better?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Looks a good one! I also think if I can squeeze up to 12K I might do a bit better?
when I was duck hunting I started looking at the lower end of the market .. and viewed some dogs ... upping the budget got me a much better machine

F

fred

Simple.

More people have 8k to spend on a digger than 30k for the equivalent new machine. Therefore prices at the lower end are seemingly more expensive than the equivalent machine at the higher end
mini diggers, the hidden gem of my pension fund. wonder how many I can accumulate in the next 10 years .....

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
mini diggers, the hidden gem of my pension fund. wonder how many I can accumulate in the next 10 years .....
I would'nt bother too hard, 10 years time they will be outlawed and the battery powered ones won't last that long.

F

fred

I would'nt bother too hard, 10 years time they will be outlawed and the battery powered ones won't last that long.

your right they will be worth a lot more if they ban new ones!

D

DaveDCB

crazy resale values £8k for a 20 year old repainted digger. Wonder what its new price was ? Close to £8k I would guess!
They were shit when new, not going to be any better now, the ones I had were useless!
Plus you can’t tow them, unless they have lost abit of weight with the rust loss!

Furniss

Furniss

Bollo
They were shit when new, not going to be any better now, the ones I had were useless!
Plus you can’t tow them, unless they have lost abit of weight with the rust loss!
Bollocks - I have had a few and granted they are too heavy to tow but far from shit.

D

Davejura

Cheers. Looking like it might have to go on hold anyway, unless one comes up very locally. How would a 1.5 or 1.8 tonne be for foundations, gabion baskets, etc? Been offered a 1.5 tonne locally.

Stubota86

Stubota86

I wouldn't have thought that would be worth any more than 4 - 5k personaly. Then old pel jobs were horrible to use.
got an old EB12.4 with Kub engine - solid as a rock tbf but wouldn’t want to use it all day ever day cos of the lever controls

slightly newer version would be badged Volvo and prob cos another 2-3k for same machine IMO

think NG plant sales were mentioned on here previously and deemed to be a pretty straight up honest outfit

Stubota86

Stubota86

How would a 1.5 or 1.8 tonne be for foundations, gabion baskets, etc?
anything is better than a shovel, nowadays I can do about 3-4 barrows before I’m looking at which fence panels I can take out to get the digger in 😂

I reckon most the older stuff, especially no vat stuff, will sell for what you paid for it more or less, assuming no major issues, because the self build guys want them

D

Davejura

Hope everyone is bearing up OK in these difficult times. Obviously, my plans have pretty much gone out the window for now, but I have been offered a smaller machine locally. It's a Case 1.9t (not sure what the model number is) with expanding tracks. 2015 with 1900 hours and the guy wants £7k plus VAT for it (what he was offered as a trade in). He is a local contractor / farmer who I know pretty well and do work for. I've got some fencing to look at for him, so will have a look at it and the fencing in the next couple of days (while obeying social distancing obviously). My question is, do people think this machine would do me, even as a stop gap? My site is just along the road so there is nothing really stopping me doing some clearing and drainage to alleviate the boredom if nothing else. I could also use it in my current back garden for a couple of days. The trouble is, both sites are sloping and I am not a very experienced machine driver, though I have used them before and regularly use a tracked dumper with a post knocker on it. Would this type / size of machine be a lot easier to tip over? Thanks and stay safe folks!