Great Dorset Steam Fair 2022

Routy56

Routy56

Guys - anyone going to this event :unsure:
https://www.gdsf.co.uk
Be really great to meet up and put a few faces to names over a pint whilst checking out the old stuff :D
IMG_8713.jpeg

We are dragging the old tintent there for the duration and expect chill out :cool:
It'll be our first time there so any advice serious or otherwise most welcome :p
@Regy53 - is this the correct section or should it be moved to Vintage and Classic (like me!) :geek:

diggerjones

diggerjones

Got my pass through today. Should be there on the Thursday. Be good to catch up. Think there's a few on here that go.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
If only:( .... one year we'll be there :sneaky: .... hard enough to get her to Welland for the day :rolleyes:

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Alas won’t make it this year:(
Make sure you have comfortable foot wear you’ll be walking miles;)

diggerjones

diggerjones

Think I'm going Friday. Not bothering with taking my van.

Routy56

Routy56

Well we arrived on Wednesday - it is awesome (my first time).
That's another one off my bucket list ;)
DSC01038.jpg

We are here until Monday morning if anyone wants a meet :unsure:
So one we have done the whole show and the auto jumble again and again, I'll process some nice photos of plant, steam and trucks etc :ROFLMAO:

Gunners

Gunners

Are you fed up with the pipe organs starting at 8am yet:LOL:
Camped 2 years ago - you've got lucky with the weather, must be like the costa del Dorset down there.
Getting round the show by Saturday obviously means you havent spent anywhere near enough time in the beer tents!

V8Druid

V8Druid

Camped 2 years ago - you've got lucky with the weather, must be like the costa del Dorset down there.
Getting round the show by Saturday obviously means you havent spent anywhere near enough time in the beer tents!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Routy56

Routy56

Yep this weekend it’s really hot 🥵 and dusty 🙄
Today we went to the seaside for a break :ROFLMAO:
Back this evening for more beer 🍻 and music :devilish:

Routy56

Routy56

25F88D62-F898-4B8C-A05F-625A0822554A.jpeg

Not much classic plant in the show 🤔
However, this digger dumper caught my eye. My brother has one :eek:
Horrible clumsy old thing :ROFLMAO:

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Have you had a sing along with Doctor busker and the Dorset rats(y) them boys get the tent buzzing that’s for sure;)

Routy56

Routy56

E0188787-DF23-413B-BEE6-5FF3BCD1A62E.jpeg

Anyone need a quick hitch 🤔
Auto jumble is much smaller than usual 🤷‍♂️

V8Druid

V8Druid

View attachment 8528
Anyone need a quick hitch 🤔
Auto jumble is much smaller than usual 🤷‍♂️
which is more than can be said of that hitch :oops::oops: ..... unusual design that :unsure: ... how much was it ... could do with a cylinder for me S type build ..... otherwise me Lemac's gonna be missing one :giggle:

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
which is more than can be said of that hitch :oops::oops: ..... unusual design that :unsure: ... how much was it ... could do with a cylinder for me S type build ..... otherwise me Lemac's gonna be missing one :giggle:
It a munual hitch. Pick up the first pin with the fixed bit and the other bit rotates round the other pinand is held in place by a retaining pin and a wedge. Okay, but no tolerance of dirty pins or hangers not being made perfect.